Ship Emergency Telephone Numbers

Mrs Miggins

We are boarding Journey on Saturday 3rd June.  We have an early flight from London Gatwick to Barcelona on Vueling and there is also a later morning flight which should get us to Barcelona if there are problems.   However in case of major delays does anyone have a contact number to inform the ship of a late arrival.  Apparently it will leave Barcelona at 16.30 but I am dubious about that since the general information from Azamara telling us that online check in is unavailable, also lists check in times at the port up to 1600.   The next stop is Valencia so if the worst comes to the worst we could train there for the next day.

We have never had a problem on our short flights from the Uk to various Mediterranean ports BUT these are strange times.

Thank you for your help.

This is Day of Travel info found on the Azamara website for the Port of Barcelona

https://www.azamara.com/static-assets/resources/Port-Information/Barcelona-Port-Information.pdf

Here’s a link for all the ports:

https://www.azamara.com/booked-guests/before-you-board/port-information

image.thumb.png.c9361925286121590a1e51116fb461f7.png

Edited by JaneStarr
To add info
  • Like 1

It's a bit late, but after 10 years of cruising, DW and I still live in dread of missing the departure. I think we've had one late afternoon cruise out of Miami that we flew down to on the same day, and we won't do it again. There were multiple flights out of Atlanta, and short of a weather apocalypse we knew we would be there without problem, and even misplaced luggage would still arrive on time for the departure. But we needed anti psychotic drugs for 24 hours  we were so nerve wracked! It's a bit of an annoyance, but we always arrive at the port at least the day before departure, it's just not worth the insanity, the anxiety, and the screaming at each other that we go through. We were on a 2 week North Sea to Iceland cruise a number of years ago, we and the friends we traveled with were all fine. But there was a couple from North America who arrived in Copenhagen the day of the cruise, their luggage however did not. Nor could it catch up to them until Reykjavik. I think the only change of clothing they could get was on board the ship. Great cruise for us and everyone else, for them, very, very memorable. Book a day early, blow the money on the overnight hotel.

• Like 3

Of course we are only flying from London to Barcelona.  In the old old days Azamara used to fly us out the day before and put us in an hotel (we did this in Rome and Athens).  However that perk is long gone.  I have booked flights independently since then.  

However I would still be grateful if anyone knows how to contact the ship if in the very unlikely chance that we are delayed significantly .    I think they used to have the ship number on the Daily handout ?

23 hours ago, Dr H said:

It's a bit late, but after 10 years of cruising, DW and I still live in dread of missing the departure. I think we've had one late afternoon cruise out of Miami that we flew down to on the same day, and we won't do it again. There were multiple flights out of Atlanta, and short of a weather apocalypse we knew we would be there without problem, and even misplaced luggage would still arrive on time for the departure. But we needed anti psychotic drugs for 24 hours  we were so nerve wracked! It's a bit of an annoyance, but we always arrive at the port at least the day before departure, it's just not worth the insanity, the anxiety, and the screaming at each other that we go through. We were on a 2 week North Sea to Iceland cruise a number of years ago, we and the friends we traveled with were all fine. But there was a couple from North America who arrived in Copenhagen the day of the cruise, their luggage however did not. Nor could it catch up to them until Reykjavik. I think the only change of clothing they could get was on board the ship. Great cruise for us and everyone else, for them, very, very memorable. Book a day early, blow the money on the overnight hotel.

Whilst that can be valid advice, its not going to help Mrs Miggins!  

Unfortunately not everyone can add in days ahead and if you live near an airport that offers a direct very early morning flight with a back up flight it can be a risk worth taking.

The international number I have for Journey is (732) 335-3297.  That was the number I left for family emergency contact last year

28 minutes ago, uktog said:

Whilst that can be valid advice, its not going to help Mrs Miggins!  

Unfortunately not everyone can add in days ahead and if you live near an airport that offers a direct very early morning flight with a back up flight it can be a risk worth taking.

The international number I have for Journey is (732) 335-3297.  That was the number I left for family emergency contact last year

Just to add, that's a standard US number. So add 001 to the start from a UK landline, or +1 from a mobile.  They take a credit card number off you, and bill that for the satellite phone charge.

5 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Sorry I neglected to say we are on Journey

I would suggest the numbers listed for Barcelona Port “Day of Travel” concerns in the info I previously posted. 
This is the one I’d try first for Barcelona embarkation:
All others:
Trip Interruption
+1954-687 1074

Azamara

from: https://www.azamara.com/static-assets/resources/Port-Information/Barcelona-Port-Information.pdf

Edited by JaneStarr
To add info

Jane Star :Thanks I appreciate your help.   I did see you previous post but it was the specific number for Journey I was looking for since I did not book my flights through Azamara.

Thank you Fruit Machine and of course UKTog for the very useful advice.

I have never had a problem previously but I guess anything is possible.

Thank you again to the ever helpful CC community.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Jane Star :Thanks I appreciate your help.   I did see you previous post but it was the specific number for Journey I was looking for since I did not book my flights through Azamara.

Thank you Fruit Machine and of course UKTog for the very useful advice.

I have never had a problem previously but I guess anything is possible.

Thank you again to the ever helpful CC community.

Googling that number and looking up the WhatsApp message I sent our children after we boarded, I think that number is for all Azamara ships.  It seems you tell the operator (or perhaps the "press 1 for..." system) when you give your credit card number what ship you want to speak to.

On 5/30/2023 at 8:07 AM, Mrs Miggins said:

We are boarding Journey on Saturday 3rd June.  We have an early flight from London Gatwick to Barcelona on Vueling and there is also a later morning flight which should get us to Barcelona if there are problems.   However in case of major delays does anyone have a contact number to inform the ship of a late arrival.  Apparently it will leave Barcelona at 16.30 but I am dubious about that since the general information from Azamara telling us that online check in is unavailable, also lists check in times at the port up to 1600.   The next stop is Valencia so if the worst comes to the worst we could train there for the next day.

We have never had a problem on our short flights from the Uk to various Mediterranean ports BUT these are strange times.

Thank you for your help.

We were on the quest last year and  off the ship ,the 2nd to last bus from Porto didn’t arrive ,we called the emergency number from the bus and got the bus driver to speak to them telling them were we where and our estimated time back to the port and thankfully the ship waited for us .

So pleased I had but the number into my phone .

9 hours ago, margo2011 said:

We were on the quest last year and  off the ship ,the 2nd to last bus from Porto didn’t arrive ,we called the emergency number from the bus and got the bus driver to speak to them telling them were we where and our estimated time back to the port and thankfully the ship waited for us .

So pleased I had but the number into my phone .

Thank you for this.  So glad it worked for you.  I assume you used the number (732) 335-3297 as given by UKTog ?

3 hours ago, margo2011 said:

Hi I got the port number from the daily newsletter so always handy to have 

I believe the number listed in the daily newsletter is usually the Port Agent number. That would be different from the number for contacting a passenger on any of the Aza ships.

Perhaps it’s a good idea to also jot down the numbers listed in that Barcelona pdf for Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services. If they are not considered the port agent, I imagine they would have a way of contacting the right people. I show these numbers for them:

+34 650 274 713

+34 686 746 491

@Mrs Miggins I really hope you don’t end up needing to use any of the numbers!

• Like 2

On 6/1/2023 at 1:00 PM, JaneStarr said:

I believe the number listed in the daily newsletter is usually the Port Agent number. That would be different from the number for contacting a passenger on any of the Aza ships.

Perhaps it’s a good idea to also jot down the numbers listed in that Barcelona pdf for Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services. If they are not considered the port agent, I imagine they would have a way of contacting the right people. I show these numbers for them:

+34 650 274 713

+34 686 746 491

@Mrs Miggins I really hope you don’t end up needing to use any of the numbers!

Thank you