Westerdam Dining Question

sbax

Hi everyone!  Not new to cruising but first time on Holland America. We’re cruising on the Westerdam from Seattle on June 11th and we’re trying to decide which night to dine at the Pinnacle Grill. Can anyone tell me which nights are considered dressy nights on this cruise? Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, sbax said:

Hi everyone!  Not new to cruising but first time on Holland America. We’re cruising on the Westerdam from Seattle on June 11th and we’re trying to decide which night to dine at the Pinnacle Grill. Can anyone tell me which nights are considered dressy nights on this cruise? Thanks. 

Typically the dressy nights are sea days…. It will be noted on the app a few days before your cruise. At first, they will likely all say casual and then they will change 2 to dressy.  The first night will not be a dressy night, so that is ‘safe’. 

The first night of the cruise is a fantastic night to book Pinnacle. It won’t be busy, so service is usually wonderful.

Our favorite way to avoid formal nights is ordering room service that evening. Call room service within the first hour the dining room is open, and you can order from the formal night menu 🙂

Not @BigMattT but you can order room service from the MDR menu any night on any HAL ship.  You just need to order during the requested time frame.  That would be after the MDR opens until ???.  The room service order person will tell you when that is.  (I forgot what he told me)

No need to "avoid" the dressy nights like some folks did in the past when very formal attire was required.  If you can manage non holey jeans or long pants and a collared shirt you are pretty much good to go to any dining venue onboard any day.  The Lido Buffet serves some, but not all, of the menu items from the MDR every evening. 

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2