Lobster night

I hope that they still serve lobster on one of the formal nights, but when we last had it (on Aurora) the amount of meat was so tiny that you could have eaten it in one mouthful. By contrast, this was the Lobster I had in Princess Grill on QM2 a few weeks ago. It was much bigger than it looks in the photo (the plate was huge) and everything under the sauce was meat. It was listed on the menu as a half lobster but was a whole one, less the claws!

IMG_0618.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Lobster to much effort,

No pain - no gain😄

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

less the claws

But that is the best part.

9 hours ago, Holidayforever2 said:

Do they still serve Lobster in MDR  on Ventura

Not seen whole lobster on P&O for years - the best you can hope for would be Lobster Thermador where there is more sauce that lobster.

I remember years ago when P&O used to have themed buffet meals at lunchtime in one of the MDRs and Neptune's buffet was not to be missed - I had three lobsters one time (would have had four but my wife would not let me!!)

The lobster discussions always remind me of our Caribbean cruise on Azura in 2016. There was a gala dinner with lobster as the star dish. Apparently many strange people did not want to eat lobster, so our waiter kept bringing me extra portions. I was a happy diner that night. It wasn’t a patch on the bbq lobster on the beach in Grenada though!

I love lobster  - well, if cooked properly - but in all our P&O cruises the only decent ones have been in Epicurean and Sindhu.

The times lobster has been served in the MDRs and other venues it has been a pitiful amount and woefully over-cooked: chewing on elastic bands while reading Paul Ludlow’s never-to-be best seller “How to reduce the customer experience by 99.9%” is a more pleasurable experience. 

Edited by Camberley

2 hours ago, Camberley said:

I love lobster  - well, if cooked properly - but in all our P&O cruises the only decent ones have been in Epicurean and Sindhu.

The times lobster has been served in the MDRs and other venues it has been a pitiful amount and woefully over-cooked: chewing on elastic bands while reading Paul Ludlow’s never-to-be best seller “How to reduce the customer experience by 99.9%” is a more pleasurable experience. 

It doesn’t help that the lobsters are cheap American/Canadian imports either P&O couldn’t afford the native ones

40 minutes ago, Mollag said:

It doesn’t help that the lobsters are cheap American/Canadian imports either P&O couldn’t afford the native ones

Some Canadian lobsters are a good size. Here's one I ate earlier.

IMG_20190703_141215.jpg

12 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Lobster in Boston pretty good. Some of the ones on P&O look smaller than actually legal to catch. Should throw them back in the sea! 

Must be a smaller MLS in USA/Canada we’d be jailed for landing them that size here