Choosing a cabin

Twinbooty

We have someone booking on the same trip as ourselves next month and Im trying to see if i can book a cabin close by however whenever im online looking to book, i cant seem to find anywhere the option to pick a deck and cabin.  Is there something im missing or has Norwegian changed its policy to always anonymously choose a cabin ?

Im also curious to see the current capacity of the ship though i appreciate it may change in 4 weeks.  Is there anywhere online to view that also ?

I've noticed that some cruises have allowed cabin selection while others were guarantee-only.  If you call you might be able to get someone to select a specific cabin.  A travel agent might also be able to do this.

• Like 1

When you choose your cabin category you are usually given a cabin number. In small blue  print you may see Choose a different cabin. Click on that and it will then let you choose forward, aft, or midship. Next, you choose the deck. At that point, a deck plan of rooms will appear. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Twinbooty said:

We have someone booking on the same trip as ourselves next month and Im trying to see if i can book a cabin close by however whenever im online looking to book, i cant seem to find anywhere the option to pick a deck and cabin.  Is there something im missing or has Norwegian changed its policy to always anonymously choose a cabin ?

Im also curious to see the current capacity of the ship though i appreciate it may change in 4 weeks.  Is there anywhere online to view that also ?

The best thing to do is call NCL and have an agent help you. When you are booking, you will see an assigned cabin and an option to select a different cabin. HOWEVER, the system will only show the 15ish “best” cabins. You won’t see the full inventory. 
IMG_5640.thumb.jpeg.6cf94479f171a1dd652f64279486f0b0.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

When you are booking, you will see an assigned cabin and an option to select a different cabin

Not always.  I've seen some sailings where this was not an option. 

9 minutes ago, hallux said:

Not always.  I've seen some sailings where this was not an option. 

Yeah, I've had a look around and can't see anything. I wonder if booking it in European site is different from USA site? 

Make sure you didn't book a "guaranteed" cabin, or "sail away".  You don't get a choice.

I've also seen cruises that are getting close to capacity that won't let you pick the cabin. If you call a CSS, they can tell you what's available and book it for you.