Does Princess offer any type of photo packages anymore?

beshears

I know Covid and etc. have made changes with companies in many ways. I am very old fashion in some ways, and I prefer having the photos, instead of the small disk, or whatever you call it. Does Princess still offer anything like this? We will probably be cruising in February of next year and how soon ahead of time, if they do, will I know?

26 minutes ago, beshears said:

I know Covid and etc. have made changes with companies in many ways. I am very old fashion in some ways, and I prefer having the photos, instead of the small disk, or whatever you call it. Does Princess still offer anything like this? We will probably be cruising in February of next year and how soon ahead of time, if they do, will I know?

there are 2 photo packages offered for our March sailing...5 prints & the digital files on a thumb drive for $89 or 10 for $169 (10% savings)...there are also photos included if you get the Premier package (3 prints & all the digitals)...you could also take the digital files & have them printed at home

• Like 1

We are just off the Sky and I was looking at the pricing. I'm fairly sure (not certain) that you could just pick and choose the pics you like and have them printed on the ship. It wasn't cheap and more expensive of course for the larger sizes. 

Thank you for both of your postings to my question. Travelin.Sisters I gather what you were posting about March was for this year and not year, is that correct? Do you know how soon after a person books, that we are able to find out about their specials?

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We are just off the Sky and I was looking at the pricing. I'm fairly sure (not certain) that you could just pick and choose the pics you like and have them printed on the ship. It wasn't cheap and more expensive of course for the larger sizes. 

Do you remember ballpark prices?  Could I maybe get one 8x10 for $25?

8 hours ago, starvenger said:

So to be clear, is it only the 5/10 pictures you select that's on the thumb drive?

Yup. I know they try to make it sound like you get all the pictures, but it's only the ones you choose.  

I miss the $99 unlimited photo package!  (not really, we have inches of pictures that we hardly look at)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theloo said:

Not certain at all...but I think 8x10 was much more. I remember thinking that it would be much cheaper to just get the download and take it to CVS or Walgreens to get a print.

11 hours ago, theloo said:

Last year for an 8x10 it was about $40.

This thought alone has me potentially thinking of upgrading from plus to premier just for the photos. But we’re going with my side of my family and my partner’s family this year so the photos might actually come in handy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justafem said:

Yup. I know they try to make it sound like you get all the pictures, but it's only the ones you choose.  

I miss the $99 unlimited photo package!  (not really, we have inches of pictures that we hardly look at)

Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear, but I needed to hear it. 

6 hours ago, justafem said:

You and me both. It makes me feel like an utter hoarder but that deal was so unbelievably good, especially for longer cruises. Photos taken on a cruise just resonate in a different way, you know? (...while also sitting in a box somewhere)

Yes, I miss the ball park prices too, and as mentioned, my son had me do the hard drive, or whatever it is called and I took it to Walgreens and was able to print out ALL the pictures I wanted. I am different from everyone else. I probably have over 80 some picture albums, going back over 61 years ago when my husband and I got married. I just like to OPEN the picture album and take my time looking at the pictures. 🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not certain at all...but I think 8x10 was much more. I remember thinking that it would be much cheaper to just get the download and take it to CVS or Walgreens to get a print.

Could you just get a download of one picture, or do you mean the package with download?

2 hours ago, EmilyColwell said:

Last year for an 8x10 it was about $40.

This thought alone has me potentially thinking of upgrading from plus to premier just for the photos. But we’re going with my side of my family and my partner’s family this year so the photos might actually come in handy.

Yikes.  That is quite a bit for one photo.  Thanks for the response.

3 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Hi OP (and to anybody else), these are some of what's being sold right now (just off a cruise). We didn't take any full background photos (these were the niche shots, like gangway/port ones), so we don't have info about 8x10s.

20230520_155312.thumb.jpg.8007a5fc71906315dae0531d330820de.jpg

Is a cruise moment photo different from the posed photos? Digital download for $15 isn't bad.

3 minutes ago, theloo said:

Is a cruise moment photo different from the posed photos?

Yes, I believe "cruise moments" are when the photographers walk up to you during times like dinner or out on deck or if you take one during the Captain's Circle Party, etc. They come with the frame with the caption and all that. It's different when you take the ones with the background, which are more "full-size".

Edited by snoozecrooze
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, beshears said:

Thank you for both of your postings to my question. Travelin.Sisters I gather what you were posting about March was for this year and not year, is that correct? Do you know how soon after a person books, that we are able to find out about their specials?

no, it is for our upconing cruise in March 2024...they say it is a 10% discount so might not be worth prepurchasing for that small a savings

I appreciate more of this information coming in regard to my question. It doesn't sound like getting the printed ones are very cheap anymore. I probably take MORE pictures than anyone else in this world, but they ARE my memories!!

If there only is the 5 or 10 physical photo package, does it come with only those 5 or 10 digital downloads or do you get them all?  How can you get all of the digital downloads for all our pictures?  Is the only way to get them is to purchase the Princess Premier package? I am sure with several family members, we will be taking over 100 on a 14 day since everyone takes solos and groups and then just sisters and then just brothers and then just the boys or just the girls and then just the moms with the kids and the dads with the kids, just the cousins, etc.  Sometimes we have different shore excursions so we leave the ship at different times, so there are multiple port pictures too. 

7 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

If there only is the 5 or 10 physical photo package, does it come with only those 5 or 10 digital downloads or do you get them all?  How can you get all of the digital downloads for all our pictures?  Is the only way to get them is to purchase the Princess Premier package? I am sure with several family members, we will be taking over 100 on a 14 day since everyone takes solos and groups and then just sisters and then just brothers and then just the boys or just the girls and then just the moms with the kids and the dads with the kids, just the cousins, etc.  Sometimes we have different shore excursions so we leave the ship at different times, so there are multiple port pictures too. 

When you purchase the 5 or 10 photo package, you only receive those 5 or 10 images as a digital download. The only way to get all images as digital downloads is to purchase the Premier Package.

3 hours ago, Kellyansapansa said:

When you purchase the 5 or 10 photo package, you only receive those 5 or 10 images as a digital download. The only way to get all images as digital downloads is to purchase the Premier Package.

Well that sucks.  We don’t drink, therefore we are prevented on buying all our photos unless we pay $800 each?  (10 day cruise). 

1 hour ago, Nightowl11 said:

Well that sucks.  We don’t drink, therefore we are prevented on buying all our photos unless we pay $800 each?  (10 day cruise). 

Yes, we used to love getting all the photos too. I imagine the all inclusive photo package provided Princess with very little profit, so I'm not surprised they no longer offer it.

37 minutes ago, Kellyansapansa said:

Yes, we used to love getting all the photos too. I imagine the all inclusive photo package provided Princess with very little profit, so I'm not surprised they no longer offer it.

But they take all the photos anyways, so wouldn’t it be better to have an all inclusive at $199 or $250 than someone only paying for the 5 photo package at $89 or the 10 at $169?  

• Like 1