Kotor Jaz Beach

While in Kotor our plan is to explore old town for a couple of hours on our own and then take a taxi to Jaz beach and stay for about 3 hours.
My question is whether I should pre-schedule a taxi or will I be able to arrange this when we get to port? Are there taxis at Jaz beach or should I pre-arrange a return trip as well?  

Thanks!

BTW-We are in port from 7-5 

There is an element of risk in arranging for a taxi pick up at a certaint ime and place as you are totally reliant on that one driver turning up as agreed and you may need a plan B to be certain of a return before sailaway should the driver fail to arrive

OTOH, you could tweak your plans a little and reduce the risk by switching your plans around, eg going to the beach in the morning and exploring Kotor in the afternoon.  Doing that would give you much more time to get back to Kotor (plan B) and the Old Town is only a few steps away from both the dock and the tender drop off.  This may work better anyway as some ships dock and some tender, and if your ship tenders you would need to allow extra time for that.

• Like 1

You might also keep in mind that Jaz Beach is about 12 miles from the port at Kotor and taxis are not cheap.  The norm would be to hire a taxi for at least 1/2 of a day and have the driver wait.  I do not know the exact cost but it is likely at least 150 Euros (and possibly a lot more)   Another option (which we have done a couple of times) is to rent a car at Kotor (you should arrange this in advance).  While it is very congested in the Kotor area, once away from the town the traffic is quite manageable.

If you are a bit more adventurous, you could take a public bus from Kotor to Budva, and try to get a taxi in Budva for the short drive to Jaz Beach.  The risk would be that it might be difficult to get a return taxi when you need it.

Hank