Nieuw Statendam obstructed view balcony

kelship

Hi all. Which cabins are the 'worst' obstructed view balconies? Do any of them not have a couch/loveseat? 

All of them are better than the view from my office lol, just preparing for the 'worst' possibility...I booked a guarantee for the first time. Going in December. 

Thank you!

Only the handicapped-accessible cabins do not have a sofa (they have two padded chairs in addition to the desk chair). The rest all have the same arrangement or the left-right mirror image of it, with the loveseat and desk placed near the balcony. You can see photos of select staterooms here, Beethoven deck, marked "PO" for partially obstructed. 

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/

Only time I've been in an obstructed view, the cabin itself was just like other cabins of same type 

We looked directly into a lifeboat and it was strange, but the natural light coming was great.

We didn't have time to even consider how we would ultimately feel about it as we got upgraded and moved to another cabin. Took us no time to grab our bags and run to Guest Services for our new keys. 🥳

Enjoy your cruise and please let us know the outcome.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

We were moved to an obstructed balcony on deck 4 (4144) while my husband was in Covid isolation in April on the Transatlantic.  It was nice having daylight versus our inside cabin and the cabin was fine.  There's a reason they saved these for isolated pax. Don't get it for a view.

• Haha 1