Travel Channel - Cruise Ship "FAQS"

HA! It was an hour long commercial for NCL and Windstar! All hour long I kept craning for a glimpse of an RCL ship, but NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

:(

Weelllllll...as dissapointing as it is not to see our favorite line featured...you have to admit.....I think that RCCL get's more than it's fair share of specials. I mean "drydock" was a month long RCCL commercial, really! THen there's the specials on the voyager class. A radiance special, and who can forget Samantha Brown's first cruise? (edit....which I STILL haven't seen :( )

:)

these are all about 4-5 years old.. i've emailed discovery channel requesting they consider new future projects as the Freedom, the genesis class of vessel, and new destinations (with sample shore excursions)... family oriented cruises (regardless of vendor) i have lost interest in Samantha's staying in $750 a night suites that i'll never sniff much less stay in.. i think there's a market lol

your pal

So what you're saying is that I didn't miss much? I ran home yesterday trying to find the Travel Channel so I could DVR the programs. I thought for sure that we had it, since we have every other Discovery Channel out there. Comcast sucks. I enjoyed the Dry Dock episodes since I have sailed on that ship, as well as the building of the Voyager. Both came on the Discovery Channel I believe. That's how we decided to go on the Voyager for our honeymoon!

I wonder how come they never did Enchantment stretch and drydock last year. How long does a ship have to sell before it goes into refurbishment or does it depend on the wear and tear. I'm read were some ships have gone into drydock a couple of times. I wonder if Enchantment will ever go back to refurbish the other rooms they didn't do the first time.

Agreed kellygirl719! Its just about a year since I returned from my last cruise and I'm still a year out until my next one. Thank goodness for this web site and message boards. They help to pass the time between cruises and I can virtual cruise when reading them.

with Norweigan #2 & Windstar #3. Pretty boring in my book.

Yes I did see 9 shots of C&A on the water, so RCCL was shown as was Carnival in 2 shots also.

HA! It was an hour long commercial for NCL and Windstar! All hour long I kept craning for a glimpse of an RCL ship, but NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

:(

Well, you know .... when this show was made, NCL was just coming out with something NEW in the cruise industry they called FREESTYLE. So, I'm thinking that's why the producers focused on NCL. It's interesting that some other cruiselines are now picking up certain elements of Freestyle and putting their own name to it. Which is fine.

There is a cruise line/ship for every person. To each their own. We have cruised traditional and Freestyle. We like some things about both.

~dianne

If these were really, really, Frequently Asked Questions, where were all the liquor smuggling, early flights, and diapers in the pool questions? :D

Seriously, one hour on the Cruise Critic Boards answers far more important questions than were presented in the show. Except maybe what the inside of the $26,000 per week Norweigan suite looks like!

But, they did mention RCI in the credits.

It seemed to me like they would ask a question such as "Is there a dress code" or "What is included in the cruise fare" but then not really answer it...there just wasn't a lot of real substance to that program.

Oh well, I did like looking at the shots of Tahiti and the part where the stingrays were molesting the girl in the bikini ;)

Archived