What would y'all say is a "good price/deal" for the studio cabins on NCL?

Crafty Cruiser B

Hi solo travelers! I'm interested in booking a studio cabin with NCL because I really want to experience the solo travelers lounge and group activities. What would y'all say is a "good price/deal" for the studio cabins on NCL? Is $170 per night all in (free at see, gratuities, taxes & port fees) considered a good deal for a non-repositioning cruise? 

I'm guessing it is at least compared to what I can find currently available, but I also am planning to snag a "Cruisefirst" certificate ($250 for $500 value) to save an extra $250...just read the fine print though that you can cancel and repurchase (and reuse) your Cruisefirst cert, so want to make sure the current price is a good enough one to purchase now vs wait for some July 4th sales or something. 😅

Would love to hear what y'all think, I'm totally ok paying a little extra for a studio even if a regular room is cheaper because I want all the solo traveler amenities/experience.

@Crafty Cruiser B

You don't say which NCL ship it is or what the itinerary is, but it appears to be an outstanding deal. Having once been in a studio (on the Bliss), I personally wouldn't do it again, but it was certainly an interesting experience and I know that many NCL solo cruises swear by the studios. The 99 sq. ft. cabin was simply too small for me, and---except for the espresso machine in the morning---I didn't get much value out of the solo lounge. But as I say, my experience may not be typical. For the price you're paying, just take a chance and see if you like it. You can't go wrong.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 2:07 PM, Crafty Cruiser B said:

Hi solo travelers! I'm interested in booking a studio cabin with NCL because I really want to experience the solo travelers lounge and group activities. What would y'all say is a "good price/deal" for the studio cabins on NCL? Is $170 per night all in (free at see, gratuities, taxes & port fees) considered a good deal for a non-repositioning cruise? 

It seems like an all right deal for most of the NCL fleet - better for Pride of America, which has only a few solo cabins and tends to run expensive anyway.  I was pricing out solo cabins on the Viva in early '24 and I couldn't find it lower than about $250 per night for the itinerary that I wanted.

I should note that I haven't sailed on NCL yet, but I do have one scheduled next year on one of their older ships which doesn't have any solo cabins.  I have an ordinary OV.  I'm sure I'll squeeze into one of their solo cabins at some point, but it's not a high priority for me, so who knows when I'll get around to it.  Good luck to you and please report on your experiences!