Pre booking Laundry, photo packages, Game credits, etc

Its been hit and miss when we prebooked these items on other cruise lines, some show up on our account when we board the ship, some dont and i get to spend time at guest services to get it straightened out.  What have people experience with this been on MSC?

Also, on the photo package, when we get pics taken, do we just give them the cabin number or do they ask for your cruise card?  We have 3 cabins, but really dont want to buy the package for each cabin given most of the photos will be of us together and 1 cabin only has 1 person in it so im pretty sure he doesnt need his own photo package...  on other lines, they would just ask for our cabin number so we could just give them the cabin that we purchased the package with?

Thanks

I had no problem using prepaid products. photos, internet and game credit. It was all correctly loaded. Re photos, I was asked for the cruise card. But if you take a photo as a group you could just give the card of the cabin that has package on? I am not sure if msc has 'face recognition' system that rccl use. When I was on rccl, I had package and my parents in different cabin didn't, and rccl automatically varified people per cabin with their face recognition system, so the photos taken only by my parents was not covered by the package that I bought under my cabin. 

2 hours ago, lovetravel1114 said:

I had no problem using prepaid products. photos, internet and game credit. It was all correctly loaded. Re photos, I was asked for the cruise card. But if you take a photo as a group you could just give the card of the cabin that has package on? I am not sure if msc has 'face recognition' system that rccl use. When I was on rccl, I had package and my parents in different cabin didn't, and rccl automatically varified people per cabin with their face recognition system, so the photos taken only by my parents was not covered by the package that I bought under my cabin. 

Thanks and good to hear.  We have had nightmares on NCL and Celebrity on items we prepurchased that either werent delivered to our cabins, or didnt show up on our account like shore excursions, upgraded drink packages, etc.  

I will say, i already see some possible issues with what have currently booked.  Example, we bought some wine for our room and it shows up on the website, but not the app, and we bough some shore excursions through our TA and they show up in the app but not the website.  Thats what giving us pause about purchasing anything else and making it more difficult to unravel once we board. 

Thanks again for the response. 

We did not pre-purchase the photo package as we didn't know how many we will have to select from.

On board, the MSC photographers are hit/miss in terms of catching them.

We saw them on our embarkation day and the last night (formal / gala).

We saw many photos publicly posted at ports but we never saw them.

At the end of the cruise, we chose 3 photos for 30€ and thought it was a good deal since most of the photos were not taken very well.

They do special price package offers for 149€ and 229€ but they required a lot of photos and they try to push them all on you.

20230530_205536.jpg

18 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Thanks and good to hear.  We have had nightmares on NCL and Celebrity on items we prepurchased that either werent delivered to our cabins, or didnt show up on our account like shore excursions, upgraded drink packages, etc.  

I will say, i already see some possible issues with what have currently booked.  Example, we bought some wine for our room and it shows up on the website, but not the app, and we bough some shore excursions through our TA and they show up in the app but not the website.  Thats what giving us pause about purchasing anything else and making it more difficult to unravel once we board. 

Thanks again for the response. 

MSC website/app is my least favourite and there are so many glitch in them and between them! Last time I couldn't check-in via website and had to do manually over the phone for 4 people. Eventhough family were all checked in over the phone, app still showed we were not checked in making me nervous...! But at least App, I think it gets better once you are connected to ships wi-fi and for me luckily everything was correctly loaded. Hope everything is sorted out well for you and have fun cruising!