Odd port times?

Just noticed the actual times for our ports. Do these time seem strange? The Puerto Rico times and St Thomas times especially will make it hard to see and do much.  Why are we leaving St Thomas so early?

SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 
Arrive 3:30 PM depart 10:30 PM

St Maarten 

arr 10:00 depart 7:00

St Thomas

arr 7:00 depart 3:00

Puerto Plata

arr 11:00 depart 6:00

5 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Same as my Apex Feb 2024 sailing. Seems fine to me, are they different from what you originally booked? 

Patty 

Not different than when i booked, as I didn’t check exact times upon booking, but different than I have normally experienced, which were late afternoon or evening departures- not 3:00. And the 3:30 arrival at PR really surprised me. I was expecting a full day before the sun went down. I guess they are trying to fit it all in.  Oh well. Will have to plan accordingly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

Not different than when i booked, as I didn’t check exact times upon booking, but different than I have normally experienced, which were late afternoon or evening departures- not 3:00. And the 3:30 arrival at PR really surprised me. I was expecting a full day before the sun went down. I guess they are trying to fit it all in.  Oh well. Will have to plan accordingly. 

Gotcha ~ There have been later SJU arrivals for years, plus side is that you're docked right in town. 

What sailing are you on? I'm Feb 10th on Apex 

Enjoy, 

Patty 

Edited by cw2go

SJU times seems to be the usual for X. Doesn't give you much day light at all in the early months of the year. One of the reasons our choice was another cruise line for a particular itinerary that included SJU (7AM - 5PM) since we wanted lots of day time hours in that port.

Edited by PROCRUISE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

Just noticed the actual times for our ports. Do these time seem strange? The Puerto Rico times and St Thomas times especially will make it hard to see and do much.  Why are we leaving St Thomas so early?

SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 
Arrive 3:30 PM depart 10:30 PM

St Maarten 

arr 10:00 depart 7:00

St Thomas

arr 7:00 depart 3:00

Puerto Plata

arr 11:00 depart 6:00

Those times are standard for Celebrity’s seven night eastern Caribbean routes. Saint Thomas to Puerto Plata is around 340nm. No time to spare without arriving very late into Puerto Plata. There is far more to do in the evening hours in San Juan than any of the other ports. 

I don’t think they could get to PR much quicker, it would be over 50 hours at 20nm/hr.  I think you’d find that most all the times are driven by the ship’s non fuel wasting speed.