Wish Vs. Dream

Vacanza

I have a 3 & 6yr old and debating between the wish and dream. 
Obviously the Wish is newer but looking for some opinions.

Is the wish worth the extra money for a shorter trip 4 nights versus five?
Is the wish typically more crowded because it’s newer?

Any opinions from anyone that has been on both recently? 

Thank you in advance. 

We've been on all the DCL ships and enjoy each.  All other things being equal, we would always go for the longer sailing, especially at a lower price.  

So, what "other" things?  Ports of call.  Date of journey.  Home port.  Or, just the desire to sail on a ship you hadn't been on yet.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jalves said:

We've been on all the DCL ships and enjoy each.  All other things being equal, we would always go for the longer sailing, especially at a lower price.  

So, what "other" things?  Ports of call.  Date of journey.  Home port.  Or, just the desire to sail on a ship you hadn't been on yet.

FLL would def be easier which is pushing me toward the Dream. Ports of call we are not overly concerned with either since it’s only a 4 or 5 day cruise. 
I guess my thoughts were that we did not want to miss anything on the wish since it was the newest. 
It seems like you’re not concerned with that and are saying both ships are equally entertaining they just offer a different experience? 

On 6/4/2023 at 5:55 PM, Vacanza said:

It seems like you’re not concerned with that and are saying both ships are equally entertaining they just offer a different experience? 

Yes, that's true.  However I did indeed sail on the Wish just because I wanted to try out the new ship.  It's a perfectly valid reason (excuse?) to sail on a particular ship.  

• 3 weeks later...

There's not really enough difference to pick one ship over another. (unless there's specifically something like Marvel day at sea). Pick the itenerary you want and let that decide the ship. In general the longer the better, the relaxed vibe on 7night vs 3/4 night is sooo much nicer.

The 3/4 night feels like a military style touring plan to see/do everything, while the 7night is relaxed since most activities are offered on multiple days/ times. So you don't feel rushed to leave the Quite cove pool to get to a scheduled activity.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done Wish, but I've been on Dream 2x in the last year and for kiddos in the 3-6 range, I don't think the ship differences will be noticeable to them. I would go for ease of travel (you said FLL would be easier) as well as length of cruise/cost. If they are anything like mine, they will care most about characters, kids club, time on the beach and time with you more than anything else - and both ships do that!