Kids club

1 hour ago, West Windsor girl said:

How good are the kids club on Celebrity?

I will respond as nobody else has! Only to say I have no idea, but I have seen posts that say their young kids have loved it, but I know compared to some other lines, it’s not the best for them. As usual a fair useless post from me 😁

There was a similar question about two weeks ago and those who responded said their kids enjoyed it. Can’t remember the exact ages. 

We were on the Silhouette transAtlantic last month and because there were only 5 children on the ship, they had a kids program for adults. ‘Young at Heart’. We did kids and teen crafts. It was honestly the most fun of the whole cruise. The kids club team members were great. 

• Like 1

We have a 9 day Reflection Med cruise booked for July 8. We will have 5 grandchildren on board. Ages 6-12. Long planned trip. I researched this forum thru past years for kids club experience. (Not many during Covid) Comments were mostly positive. Kids tended to enjoy programs offered and wanted to go. Not so crowded as some lines that cater more to kids…. but enough to find/make friends and to get attention from staff. More kids on board during holidays and summer. So we will find out and very hopeful and excited! 

3 hours ago, West Windsor girl said:

How good are the kids club on Celebrity?

Celebrity does an excellent job with their kids program.  It isn't going to be as sexy as Royal Caribbean or Disney but the kids program was not the primary reason that we started cruising as a family when our daughter was 3 yrs old and our son was 7 months old (he got to cruise for free back then).  The kids club facilities are good and the counselors are extremely competent.  When they reach 14 years old, I would start to worry about them actually getting bored with the program and then a climbing wall may become necessary.

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Because our family group is considering a European cruise in summer of 2025, can I ask how the ages are divided? I know one child will be 10 and one will be 13 at the time. I’m guessing that they would be in different groups.

The age groups are broken down like this:

Shipmates: 3-5 yrs old

Cadets: 6-9 yrs old

Captains: 10-12 yrs old

Teens: 13-17 yrs old

Here is some more information on the Camp At Sea kids program: link

• Like 1

16 hours ago, all2me said:

We have a 9 day Reflection Med cruise booked for July 8. We will have 5 grandchildren on board. Ages 6-12. Long planned trip. I researched this forum thru past years for kids club experience. (Not many during Covid) Comments were mostly positive. Kids tended to enjoy programs offered and wanted to go. Not so crowded as some lines that cater more to kids…. but enough to find/make friends and to get attention from staff. More kids on board during holidays and summer. So we will find out and very hopeful and excited! 

Your research is exactly what I've experienced! My kids had an amazing time and never once complained about wanting a water slide or go carts. 😁

Patty 

The kids clubs are great.

Children don’t need the rock climbing, water slides and cars. 
If they’re of normal intelligence, they’ll make friends, have great experiences with the people who run the clubs and really enjoy themselves.

Quality time with a parent, relative, friend or indeed a kids club staff member more than makes up for a water slide or racetrack.

Edited by swjumbo
  • Like 1