Is there a sauna on Joy?

I like to soothe my tired legs after a long day at port. I know Joy doesn’t have a thermal spa like most of the larger NCL ships. But does anyone know if Joy has a sauna and/or steam room?  If so, is it open to all passengers (e.g. in the spa locker rooms like on the smaller ships) or only for guests who purchase spa treatments?  Thank you. 

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Interesting that the dry dock is supposed to happen in January, but you still can't book any of the new Spa Balconies for May.... I was hoping to see the newer deck plans to see how much of the Observation Lounge is removed.

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Interesting that the dry dock is supposed to happen in January, but you still can't book any of the new Spa Balconies for May.... I was hoping to see the newer deck plans to see how much of the Observation Lounge is removed.

The whole thing is pretty odd. They spent $50M to "Americanize" the ship which included removing a lot of cabins to install the Observation Lounge (used to just be a small concierge lounge up there). Now, they are spending money to rip out the Observation Lounge and install cabins. Admittedly, the ship probably has the lowest occupancy of BA+ ships because of the number of Haven/Suites onboard (used to be close to 160 versus normal 80 Haven rooms on a normal BA+ ship) sucking up space. They played the little game of reclassifying some of the Suites to Haven rooms just before the pandemic - we had booked a Haven room to see what kind of impact that had on the Haven experienced, but it was one of our pandemic cancellations. But the ship is probably still not generating the revenue of her sisters. They need to rip out the suites and put in regular balcony rooms versus ripping out the OL.

I am not willing to spend money on a "Suite" that does not get any "Suite" benefits. Sailed on the Joy to Alaska shortly after she arrived in the US (we were suppose to be on the first cruise, but that got cancelled so the cruise line could have another week doing media and VIP non-revenue cruises) and we could not do the rescheduled "inaugural" cruise because we were on a RCCL cruise. On that cruise we had a Suite while they still did breakfast/lunch in La Cucina, had a dedicated Suites concierge (different than the Haven), but no butler. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2023 at 4:03 PM, Pablo Diablo said:

I like to soothe my tired legs after a long day at port. I know Joy doesn’t have a thermal spa like most of the larger NCL ships. But does anyone know if Joy has a sauna and/or steam room?  If so, is it open to all passengers (e.g. in the spa locker rooms like on the smaller ships) or only for guests who purchase spa treatments?  Thank you. 

Hi.  On our sailing last week they said the  steam/sauna ( not sure if they have both or just one) is not included with the purchase of spa treatments.  They said it would be $20 per day or $99 for the week (actually our sailing was for 8 days).  

• Like 2