Coffee Mug ?

SordidClown

9 minutes ago, SordidClown said:

Can I buy myself an insulated coffee mug and then fill it with a coffee from the buffet or the quays and head back to my cabin ?

I can't see why not as we take our drinks and food to the cabin from the buffet sometimes. You've paid for it. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I can't see why not as we take our drinks and food to the cabin from the buffet sometimes. You've paid for it. 

We also occasionally take drinks and food to our cabin but we always use the mugs from the buffet because we were told by a crew member that using personal mugs and bottles can catch on the pipes on the drinks machine and so contaminate the machine.

• Like 3

No problem taking your coffee back to the room, but you should use a P&O supplied mug and pour it in to your insulated mug. As Josy said, they require you do this to avoid contamination.

Easier still make the coffee in your room, we take decent coffee bags with us for this purpose. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SordidClown said:

Can I buy myself an insulated coffee mug and then fill it with a coffee from the buffet or the quays and head back to my cabin ?

TBH the buffet and Quays coffee is not any better than using the Nescafe that is provided in your cabin  along with milk sugar and a kettle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

No problem taking your coffee back to the room, but you should use a P&O supplied mug and pour it in to your insulated mug. As Josy said, they require you do this to avoid contamination.

Easier still make the coffee in your room, we take decent coffee bags with us for this purpose. 

We make coffee in our cabin using special little sachets. We use nescafe.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scorpio41 said:

We take a jar of our favourite coffee to use in the cabin. 

We take the 'all in one' sachets - just because they're handy!

As an aside, we noticed on our recent Aurora cruise that they were using 'filtered' milk as opposed to 'long life'.  IMO filtered milk tastes like fresh milk but has a longer shelf life than fresh.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Waju said:

As an aside, we noticed on our recent Aurora cruise that they were using 'filtered' milk as opposed to 'long life'.  IMO filtered milk tastes like fresh milk but has a longer shelf life than fresh.

Yes, I noticed on Britannia they were using Cravendale. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pink-belle said:

Yes, I noticed on Britannia they were using Cravendale. 

Sensible I suppose on cruises of 14 nts, fresh semi skinned is only good for about 10 days, whereas filtered will last for 2 to 3 weeks if kept chilled and unopened.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Waju said:

A nice, positive change.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Waju said:

Ooh I hope so. Long life milk is horrible in tea.

• Like 2