Online Plus Upgrade Issue

zackarykeef

Is anyone having/has anyone had trouble upgrading to plus/premier? This will be our first cruise with Princess, and I’ve gathered the website is glitchy and not the best.

When I try to upgrade, the credit card number/CVV fields are greyed out. I’ve checked my phone, a laptop, a desktop, different browsers, etc. Just trying to figure out if it’s a glitch and I should check back later or if this is an ongoing issue. Thanks!

IMG_0993.jpeg

1 hour ago, zackarykeef said:

Is anyone having/has anyone had trouble upgrading to plus/premier? This will be our first cruise with Princess, and I’ve gathered the website is glitchy and not the best.

When I try to upgrade, the credit card number/CVV fields are greyed out. I’ve checked my phone, a laptop, a desktop, different browsers, etc. Just trying to figure out if it’s a glitch and I should check back later or if this is an ongoing issue. Thanks!

IMG_0993.jpeg

Do you have a TA/CVP?  They should do it for you.  If you booked yourself online with Princess, call them for help.

Did you fill out all the blanks leading up to the CC?  Do you have any FCD’s?

Careful, it does warn you booking the UG could change your cruise fare.  Depends if you bought insurance.

I let my TA do it ahead of time or buy it with OBC once OB.  

3 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Are they greyed out because the expiration date shows January 2023?

If you change the expiration date to a future date, does the credit card number field become active?

I saw that, but none of the other fields are filled out.  Probably, just cleared for security on here?

10 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I just thought it was odd that the expiration date would be for an expired date.

No, that is the default date for that field on the website.  So the guest will have to enter a valid date.  

• Thanks 1

When I actually do it, everything is pre-filled when I select the guest paying as myself. I just cleared it for posting purposes.

The expiration date default is Jan 2023 for whatever reason. I can change the date, but the other fields remain greyed out. I know I can call, but that takes time depending on how busy they are. This just seemed like a quick option, which I wish would work 😅

I guess I could wait to add it once on board, but you never know if there will be a price increase. Should've just booked it from the start, but here we are 🤷‍♂️ 

7 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

When I actually do it, everything is pre-filled when I select the guest paying as myself. I just cleared it for posting purposes.

The expiration date default is Jan 2023 for whatever reason. I can change the date, but the other fields remain greyed out. I know I can call, but that takes time depending on how busy they are. This just seemed like a quick option, which I wish would work 😅

I guess I could wait to add it once on board, but you never know if there will be a price increase. Should've just booked it from the start, but here we are 🤷‍♂️ 

May have to call in.  It should work, but who knows with IT making changes.

You could try the chat feature, not sure if they could do it though.

If this is for your cruise this month, you should be fine for OB purchase.

You don’t have to worry about an increase for a June sailing.

Once OB, you can just go on the App and add it, or go to GS or the crew around the ship selling the beverage packages.

if you buy it ahead of time, you’ll pay extra for your insurance coverage.  If you purchased insurance. If you didn’t, then doesn’t matter.

Edited by PacnGoNow

15 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

How many days away is your cruise?  (Your signature shows a June 2023 Crown Princess cruise.)

I don't think that the cruise personalizer can be changed/altered within a few days of the beginning of a cruise. (I think the time-frame is 5 days.)

Edited by Abercrombie2019
fixed punctuation

11 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Well, I just checked and the next Crown Princess cruise starts on June 13 (and next one after that is June 23) - so the cruise personalizer should not be locked yet.

It’s usually up to 4 days before departure or once OB for the beverage packages.

So, the OP should call or do it OB.

Edited by PacnGoNow

48 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

Yeah, we sail 6/23. Chat isn't working either...they're busy lol we'll just do it onboard. Thanks all!

Hi @zackarykeef, I had this same issue for a sailing I booked on board the Crown last month. I decided I wanted to add the ‘plus’ package. Same like you, the credit card fields were grayed out, so you could not add credit card info. 

Since I was still on board, I had the future cruise person call and get it added. I believe it is a glitch. 

Princess has extended the on board booking promo for sailings up to the end of August at 50% off, but many sailings are selling out!