First impressions of Seabourn Venture, June, 2023

markham

On 6/15/2023 at 11:36 AM, markham said:

We remain very happy with the ship overall, and so does the crew who enjoy working here in this environment. This is the A team, and presumably some are headed to Pursuit since they work well together and know the product, so they have a lot of optimism, seemingly always smiling. The ship is modern clubby beautiful and so is all the decor.

The food and menus are familiar. But the biggest difference is presentation in the clean and cheery Colonnade and the choice of both hot and cold foods eg beef pie and seafood pie, a carvery and several high quality sides. Same about the depth of salad options. 

This is all straightforward: a new and fine expedition ship with a more discrete base of clientele, probably a bit younger, and with a purpose- zodiacs out and about to experience and learn. Lower key entertainment but quality duos, a pianist and guitar-singer singer, nonetheless. No deck chair hoggers and bullies commanding “their” MDR table with revenue wine glasses, nor divas insisting that crew carry their Colonnade lunch plates about the decks. May it stay that way! (Why Seabourn allows these characters to subject their own crew and passengers to these characters I will never know. But I digress…)

And we love the outdoor space since we have had sunny but cold weather up here in Greenland almost daily.

That’s it for now.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I am also booked for Greenland in August and I was wondering whether there are wet landings like in antartica where you needed boots and waterproof pants. And whether people wear waterproof pants on the zodiac in general or they just wear normal trekking pants, I recall in Antartica we got real wet on those zodiac. Did you do the 5 hours trekking? Was is hard or anyone can do it? Thanks in advance

41 minutes ago, Khareef said:

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I am also booked for Greenland in August and I was wondering whether there are wet landings like in antartica where you needed boots and waterproof pants. And whether people wear waterproof pants on the zodiac in general or they just wear normal trekking pants, I recall in Antartica we got real wet on those zodiac. Did you do the 5 hours trekking? Was is hard or anyone can do it? Thanks in advance

Yes there are wet landings. Boots are included wore my waterproof pants but never needed them. Some ports we anchored and zodiacs used to get to shire. No tender usage. They will tell you if a wet or dry landing. Never needed the waterproof pants but never know fir the future

there are guided hikes don’t believe they were fo 5 hours. Longest I remember was about 5K

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

Yes there are wet landings. Boots are included wore my waterproof pants but never needed them. Some ports we anchored and zodiacs used to get to shire. No tender usage. They will tell you if a wet or dry landing. Never needed the waterproof pants but never know fir the future

there are guided hikes don’t believe they were fo 5 hours. Longest I remember was about 5K

Thanks, I take it that on the wet landing days you just walked around in boots like we did in Antartica or rather change to hiking shoes once on land and put back the boots on the way back to the zodiacs?

Is the submarine worth in Greenland? In atlantica it was a waste of time and money.

13 minutes ago, Khareef said:

Thanks, I take it that on the wet landing days you just walked around in boots like we did in Antartica or rather change to hiking shoes once on land and put back the boots on the way back to the zodiacs?

Is the submarine worth in Greenland? In atlantica it was a waste of time and money.

Yes

• Like 1