Scuba Excursion on CocoCay sold out AGAIN

My husband loves to scuba dive and has done the Certified Scuba Dive shore excursion twice already on CocoCay, which has been the highlight of his visits there. Now, for the second cruise in a row, the Certified Scuba Dive shore excursion in CocoCay is sold out (we booked 4 months before the sail date).

Is there any way around this that you would know of? I already emailed Private Journeys on his behalf, and the person who responded said to email Shore Excursions, which we will ... but he and I are curious to hear any other ideas you would suggest. With 2 large ships in CocoCay at the same time, it's not a surprise that these things sell out.

Thanks!

It's been sold out the last 2 times I've been there as well.  I showed up at the dive shop first thing in the morning and asked to be on the waiting list in case someone didn't show up or canceled at that last minute.  Unfortunately for me, everybody showed.

• 2 months later...

It's showing sold out for my cruise in March! There is one spot for a dive without equipment (I don't have my own and I need 2 spots). How many dive spots are there? It's a shame but it seems harder and harder to dive while on a cruise.

1 hour ago, jbaysingar said:

When we booked it at 15 months out for our upcoming cruise, it already said "only 4 spots left." So with my wife and I taking 2 spots, that would mean that at 15 months out, it was already down to 2 spots for our day.

Thanks! When is your cruise? I would love to find out how many participants/spots. 🙂  I'll likely keep checking back. If one spot with equipment opens up I'll go ahead an snag it.

14 minutes ago, HxFx said:

Thanks! When is your cruise? I would love to find out how many participants/spots. 🙂  I'll likely keep checking back. If one spot with equipment opens up I'll go ahead an snag it.

The cruise is coming up in Nov. We booked the cruise and the dive last Aug. I'll try to remember to pay attention to how many people there are and report back here.

However, since with/without equipment rental are listed two separate excursions, and I don't know if the spots are shared between them or not, the total number people on the dive may or may not be a completely accurate representation of the number of spots for either excursion.

1 hour ago, jbaysingar said:

The cruise is coming up in Nov. We booked the cruise and the dive last Aug. I'll try to remember to pay attention to how many people there are and report back here.

However, since with/without equipment rental are listed two separate excursions, and I don't know if the spots are shared between them or not, the total number people on the dive may or may not be a completely accurate representation of the number of spots for either excursion.

Thanks! I understand it will be hard to tell who brought their own BCD 🙂 I have another cruise that goes to Cococay in November but I am not diving since DH will not be with me (booked only a few weeks before our cruise in March so definitely already sold out anyway). I'll try to see if I can spot the divers but I'm guessing they will be out there earlier then I want to get up if I'm not diving!