Scenic Krka National Park

Has anyone done this tour with Royal Caribbean?  I don't normally like ship excursions, but it seems like quite a distance from the port and I would feel more comfortable going with a cruise excursion.

We visited Krka Nat Park on a road trip - we found it quite disappointing.

Popular for a family day-out, but little of interest to a tourist. 

Access is by a 20(?) minute boat trip from the small town of Skradin to near the foot of the waterfall that features on all pictures of the park.

The waterfall is actually a series of quite gentle but attractive waterfalls, there's a path alongside which leads to the lake above. But the rest of the park is inaccessible except for an early boat trip across that upper lake - way too early in the day for a ship's excursion. 

So the little boat trip & the waterfall are the only interesting parts.

The small lake at the foot of the waterfall was popular for swimming - that's now banned.

Skradin is about an hour's drive on the main road from either Zadar or Split - from either there's an attractive coastal road  which takes about 30 minutes longer, but I doubt the excursion would go that way.

Split has a great deal to offer (Diocletian's Palace, old town, waterfront etc) quite close to the ship's berth and several inexpensive local excursions available at the pier.

I don't know Zadar, finding places of interest might be challenging. Renting a car to drive the coast?  

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull

6 hours ago, John Bull said:

Split has a great deal to offer (Diocletian's Palace, old town, waterfront etc) quite close to the ship's berth and several inexpensive local excursions available at the pier.

Did I just catch you recommending a Roman site over natural scenery??

😱😂😉

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Did I just catch you recommending a Roman site over natural scenery??

😱😂😉

You see, I can be an intellectual 🙂

Even though I didn't know it was Roman 🙄😄

JB 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 6:24 AM, John Bull said:

We visited Krka Nat Park on a road trip - we found it quite disappointing.

Popular for a family day-out, but little of interest to a tourist. 

Access is by a 20(?) minute boat trip from the small town of Skradin to near the foot of the waterfall that features on all pictures of the park.

The waterfall is actually a series of quite gentle but attractive waterfalls, there's a path alongside which leads to the lake above. But the rest of the park is inaccessible except for an early boat trip across that upper lake - way too early in the day for a ship's excursion. 

So the little boat trip & the waterfall are the only interesting parts.

The small lake at the foot of the waterfall was popular for swimming - that's now banned.

Skradin is about an hour's drive on the main road from either Zadar or Split - from either there's an attractive coastal road  which takes about 30 minutes longer, but I doubt the excursion would go that way.

I don't know Zadar, finding places of interest might be challenging. Renting a car to drive the coast?  

JB 🙂

Thanks for the detailed response.  I think I will stay closer to ship's berth and do some exploring nearby.  Thanks