Weather on Regal British Isles

MsCrystalina

HI!

Due to begin the British Isles on Regal Tuesday the 13TH.  Wondering about the weather if anyone on board now. Taking a rain slicker and expect shorts not optimal for most the ports. . It has been about 20 years since did that itinerary on Princess and so looking forward to the changes on board and land! Ship sounds fantastic! 

24 minutes ago, MsCrystalina said:

HI!

Due to begin the British Isles on Regal Tuesday the 13TH.  Wondering about the weather if anyone on board now. Taking a rain slicker and expect shorts not optimal for most the ports. . It has been about 20 years since did that itinerary on Princess and so looking forward to the changes on board and land! Ship sounds fantastic! 

Well, we were on the May 20-June 1 cruise and it did not rain a single day for us. I think that we were extremely fortunate, but we loved it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

Well, we were on the May 20-June 1 cruise and it did not rain a single day for us. I think that we were extremely fortunate, but we loved it!

We were also on that cruise. The locals were thanking us for bringing the unusually nice weather 😄. The next cruise the cancelled Guernsey stop due to wind. You just never know. Layers are a good idea. Some mornings start out cool but much warmer by mid-day.

• Like 1

Mother Nature is unpredictable. I suggest the same for Alaska... Pack layers. We did this itinerary in May 2022 and had mostly fantastic weather. It only rained in ONE port and that was the Orkney Islands. But our tour was still great!

We were able to make all of the ports, including Guernsey.

From the UK -  Two days ago I was under the sunshade and slapping on factor 50 - today I have long woolly socks and a jumper. Also the difference in temperature between Cornwall and Scotland can be significant. You may be pleased you packed shorts - but also bring something wind proof. In the UK layers are the way forward and a back pack to carry the layers you don't need.

• Like 3

It won’t be freezing, but Layers for sure. & waterproofs. I live in SE England and often travel north to north Scotland (Inverness & Invergorden area). Between them, the difference in temperature could easily be 10C, and more if further north in places like Lerwick. Or you might get better weather up there than down south. Who knows.

We love chatting about the weather- perhaps because it is so changeable 😂 

Sailing the North Sea & English Channel can be a chilly any time of the year so something warm & good if it’s windy just for those

Hopefully if you come prepared for rain & wind It’ll be lovely weather for you everywhere 🤞 

23 minutes ago, Catchum said:

From the UK -  Two days ago I was under the sunshade and slapping on factor 50 - today I have long woolly socks and a jumper

I’m near Gatwick. I was also slapping on the factor 50 a few days ago. And today I’m still in short sleeves.

doesn’t take being geographically far apart in the UK for the weather to be very different

We are from the UK.

For a cruise round the UK in Spring/Summer plan for extremes.

Could be sunny and warm one day and cold and damp a couple of days later.

For instance on Sunday I was playing golf in bright, sunny and warm conditions. Polo Shirt and shorts. 

Today, Tuesday, played in cloudy, windy and cold conditions enough for a warm top jacket.

We were on your cruise early May and didn’t see any rain. Which was really unbelievable.

Have a great cruise.

18 hours ago, MsCrystalina said:

HI!

Joining you from the north of England and we are having glorious weather at the moment ,but it can change in a wink especially near Scotland ,so bring some warm stuff just in case