When does HAL send upgrade offers

skidroe

Sail date Sept 28 Eurodam. Rec'd upsell offer days after final payment to go from unobstructed OV to unobstructed verandah more than $1750pp. No thank you.

This is our 1st time in a side OV and for $1750pp, I guess we'll learn what it's like, lol.

The CS agent I talked to said if we declined, we would be removed from "the list" and we would not receive any more offers. What?🤔

We declined and we have not received another offer.🙄

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Sail date Sept 28 Eurodam. Rec'd upsell offer days after final payment to go from unobstructed OV to unobstructed verandah more than $1750pp. No thank you.

This is our 1st time in a side OV and for $1750pp, I guess we'll learn what it's like, lol.

The CS agent I talked to said if we declined, we would be removed from "the list" and we would not receive any more offers. What?🤔

We declined and we have not received another offer.🙄

What!!  $1750pp?????  This is insane!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had an inside on top deck my favorite! Eurodam. 

First offer was to go to obstructed ocean view. No thanks. A week later an offer for an ocean view. No thank you!

Then  it came! A week before sailing! Aft balcony for $150/pp. so for $300 I went from inside to aft balcony. Best cabin ever!

Best cruise to Alaska! I loved Rolling Stones Lounge!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

What!!  $1750pp?????  This is insane!

Yes, ma'am. It was actually just a tad over that ($1785pp) - they want $3570 for the 2 of us.

And when I told her no, she said to check the email she had just sent me - said I owed $1580 to be put back in my fully paid OV cabin. It took over 45 min & 3 people to get my paid booking restored. She had moved me to a verandah before giving me the price of the upsell, then was charging us the the diff of what we paid and the current rate to get our original cabin back.

Geez - it's not supposed to be this difficult to go on a relaxing vacation 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wasasalad said:

I had an inside on top deck my favorite! Eurodam. 

First offer was to go to obstructed ocean view. No thanks. A week later an offer for an ocean view. No thank you!

Then  it came! A week before sailing! Aft balcony for $150/pp. so for $300 I went from inside to aft balcony. Best cabin ever!

Best cruise to Alaska! I loved Rolling Stones Lounge!

Congrats!!

• Like 3