Celebrity Eclipse Dining Review - May 28, 2023 sailing

Alsmez

7 hours ago, bnurick said:

My only MDR experience was so bad I didn’t return.  The OVC is great for breakfast and lunch.  Dinner was about pizza only, unless they had ribs.  I also enjoyed chicken wings and sliders at Craft Social for an extra cost.

Can I ask for clarification... were pizza and ribs actually the only things they offered at dinner?  Or were those the only things you thought were any good?  Or did you mean something else?

I saw a youtube video of the Silhoute dinner buffet from March 2023, and it looked like they had a full international station (it was Italian night), a pho station, a kids station, plus pasta, breads, fruits, salads, and desserts, in addition to pizza and pasta.

2 hours ago, bigAWL said:

Can I ask for clarification... were pizza and ribs actually the only things they offered at dinner?  Or were those the only things you thought were any good?  Or did you mean something else?

I saw a youtube video of the Silhoute dinner buffet from March 2023, and it looked like they had a full international station (it was Italian night), a pho station, a kids station, plus pasta, breads, fruits, salads, and desserts, in addition to pizza and pasta.

It was all I cared for. Usually it was about 1/3 to a 1/4 open for dinner service. I prefer a sit down service for dinner and buffet for breakfast and lunch.

Thanks for the detailed reviews with pictures. Glad you were able to enjoy your cruise.

I pride myself as a home / grill master and cook . so I appreciate your perspective.

The cruise lines got clobbered during the covid shut down as most of us  know, it would be great to see them return to the better dining offerings as before , hopefully sooner than later.

Edited by horseymike

3 hours ago, bigAWL said:

were pizza and ribs actually the only things they offered at dinner

No, there was a much larger selection than just pizza and ribs at dinner, though my husband would agree with @bnurick that those were the best offerings! On our sailing the buffet had about 3/4 of the stations open at dinner except on night 6 (lobster night in the MDR) - that night we had only 1/3 or so of stations open and a real lack of options. We probably should have gone to the MDR after seeing the limited state of the buffet, but we were tired from a long excursion and it was already fairly late by the time we went to eat, plus my DH doesn't care for lobster and wasn't interested in any of the other menu options (normally he would have ordered the lamb, but not after the sad lamb he received in Murano). To be honest, I wasn't either, and one small lobster tail hardly constitutes a meal in my book. Here's the menu:

20230602_185857.jpg

• Like 1