Encore - Coffee in the rooms?

BonnieSte

16 minutes ago, MacGuffin3 said:

There are so many different types of coffee packaging these days, and I'm already paying a fortune for this trip, so out of principle I refuse to bring my own supples.  If they only have decaf on my trip, they will be hearing from my lawyer.

I actually only brought my own for my husband’s benefit.

If they only had decaf on our May cruise, he would be swimming to shore each morning. 😂. I’m not a fan of NCL coffee. 

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2023 at 5:04 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Decaffinated coffee makes as much sense as dehydrated water.

Agreed. As a customer once said when I asked if he wanted regular or decaf, he replied "oh regular, I never saw the point of decaf." 😂

9 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Agreed. As a customer once said when I asked if he wanted regular or decaf, he replied "oh regular, I never saw the point of decaf." 😂

Did you ask this in follow-up to, "I'd like coffee please?"
I vaguely remember servers doing that when I was a kid. But I think they have all assumed now if you ask for coffee, you want coffee by default, and would have to ask for Decaf by name.

In diners do they still walk around for refills with one pot in each hand, decaf marked by an orange band?

13 hours ago, MacGuffin3 said:

Did you ask this in follow-up to, "I'd like coffee please?"
I vaguely remember servers doing that when I was a kid. But I think they have all assumed now if you ask for coffee, you want coffee by default, and would have to ask for Decaf by name.

In diners do they still walk around for refills with one pot in each hand, decaf marked by an orange band?

I asked if the couple wanted coffee, and when the gentleman said "yes," I asked "regular or decaf"? Most restaurants I go to still ask which kind I want. (After about 4 pm I switch to decaf or I'm wide-eyed all night) 😳 Re: the diners, I think they still do. I see those orange-banded pots all the time.

On 6/12/2023 at 1:46 PM, Winky7650 said:

I prefer strong coffee, so I brought these with me. 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07C6C4QDS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Several on the Getaway in May complained that only decaf pods were available from the stewards 

The above show unavailable for me, so I just ordered these from Amazon to take on the Joy in July:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YJPZC5A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Coffee makers by request.  I do concur there is scant room for those “pod” coffee makers.  And, those pods aren’t to my liking.  I do get the coffee maker set up in my cabin for hot water.  I bring my own packets, although “instant” is way better than the coffee maker packets or urn coffee NCL provides.

https://maxpressocoffee.com

I also bring a carton/glass of milk from the Garden Cafe to keep in my fridge for my coffee.

https://www.starbucks.com/menu/at-home-coffee/via-instant

2 hours ago, weisla said:

The above show unavailable for me, so I just ordered these from Amazon to take on the Joy in July:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YJPZC5A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those look good too. I may have to try them on my next cruise. It’s 21days and I’m already concerned about getting my caffeine fix first thing in the morning. 

On 6/8/2023 at 11:53 PM, Cassicruiser said:

Also would the drip kind work for tea bags for my non coffee drinking husband?  Sorry not very familiar with drip coffee machines.

Be aware that the provided Lipton tea isn't very good (flavor is kind of harsh and overly tannic because it's really more designed for making iced tea).  If your husband is at ALL picky, bring your own stash because the selection is pretty limited even in the buffet/observation lounge/etc.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brigand13 said:

Be aware that the provided Lipton tea isn't very good (flavor is kind of harsh and overly tannic because it's really more designed for making iced tea).  If your husband is at ALL picky, bring your own stash because the selection is pretty limited even in the buffet/observation lounge/etc.   

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely bring my own stash of decent tea bags 😀

• Like 1