Has this ever happened...

We booked a guaranteed stateroom for the first time for May and I saw we had been given an upgrade on the web page after final payment when the TA said I'd be assigned at the pier.

Is there a chance I will be upgraded again?

I read on the boards where people get upgraded last minute...like at the pier. Is it possible that my stateroom will change after final payment or after I get doccuments? Do you ask for it at the pier or does it just happen at the pier? :cool:

Most of the upgrades that people get at the pier are upgrades that they pay for at the pier. When you arrive at the pier you can ask to see the pier coordinator who can tell you if there are any upgrades for sale. If you are hoping for a free upgrade at the pier don't get your hopes up.

We have, so far, done Guarantee twice -- both times booked an Inside Guarantee (cheapest thing available).

Once, that is exactly what we got -- an Inside on Deck 3.

The other time, we got an Oceanview on Deck 2.

Since we did not care (which is the only way you should book a Guarantee), we were happy both times, but the Deck 2 Oceanview was certainly more than we expected for what we booked!

In the description I read of the GTY category, it said the room would be assigned on final payment and that seems to be what happened to you. I think those who are upgraded at the pier (for free) are late bookers.

We booked the inside guarantee just for that reason...Saving money and we don't care where we end up just as long as we're floating. I thought it weird because I asked the lady specifically when I'd receive the room assignment and she said "At the pier, sir." We ended up getting upgraded and saved about $60, so you'll never hear me complain.:cool:

We booked the inside guarantee just for that reason...Saving money and we don't care where we end up just as long as we're floating. I thought it weird because I asked the lady specifically when I'd receive the room assignment and she said "At the pier, sir." We ended up getting upgraded and saved about $60, so you'll never hear me complain.:cool:

When GTY's are booked it is correct to say your cabin will be assigned at the pier.....reason being that most of the time a cabin is assigned before hand but then some not. So if your TA told you it would be assigned before and it was not, you could be upset or worried. So this way they are covered by saying at the pier and then surprise, you get an assignment early.

I doubt you will get an additional upgrade at the pier, at least without paying for one! :D

Enjoy your savings and have a great cruise!!;)

We booked a guaranteed stateroom for the first time for May and I saw we had been given an upgrade on the web page after final payment when the TA said I'd be assigned at the pier.

Is there a chance I will be upgraded again?

I read on the boards where people get upgraded last minute...like at the pier. Is it possible that my stateroom will change after final payment or after I get doccuments? Do you ask for it at the pier or does it just happen at the pier? :cool:

They must inform you of the upgrade...I have never heard of it happening at the pier before...I know you can request an upgrade at the pier, but please remember if you had gifts etc. coming to your room, they might be delayed or forgotten because of the room change...so make sure everything you were suppost to get comes to you.

Archived