Beware booking a P and O cruise wen you are onboard !!!

Holidayfun141

23 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

I recieved £300 back from Saga 2 months ago following a  reduction in prices across the board for our forthcoming cruise. This might of been unusual. 

OBC is far better than nothing

Out of interest (as we are looking to book a Saga cruise), what can you spend OBC on other than in the shops (which we rarely, if ever, use) or excursions (which we can’t use)? As I understand it, everything is included on Saga (drinks, speciality restaurants etc). I’m thinking of booking at launch (if the price is acceptable) and was wondering how the price match thing might work. 

36 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Out of interest (as we are looking to book a Saga cruise), what can you spend OBC on other than in the shops (which we rarely, if ever, use) or excursions (which we can’t use)? As I understand it, everything is included on Saga (drinks, speciality restaurants etc). I’m thinking of booking at launch (if the price is acceptable) and was wondering how the price match thing might work. 

Excluding shops and excursions the only thing left is really premium wine. The Saga included wine is fine. But you can upgrade wine , it's very reasonable price.  You pay roughly the same as in a wine merchants in UK. Not the mark up on most other lines.

There is a recent thread on Saga CC forum, with drinks menu prices.

In general don't expect price match to kick in, for example on my  forthcoming Caribean cruise which must be a bit of a slow seller. They have introduced guarantee fares at £6712, compared with current  select at £7607 (15% discount to "full fare"). However at launch 35% off (£5817) was still cheaper than guarantee fare. No one who bought select fare benefits from price promise as guarantee is on different terms.

Saga don't ever seem to undercut initial launch fares even when they introduce last minute offers e.g guarantee. Don't want to upset loyal customers who pre register and book early. 

My refund which was cash not OBC, was due to a general drop in price, due to some savings,  not specified, but likely a reduction in fuel surcharge. 

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Thanks 1