Gluten free bread on carnival?

bethfelk

Hello everyone. Debating between carnival and princess for our next cruise and have a question about gluten free bread on carnival. The previous time I was on carnival (2021) everything gluten free was made from this mysterious yellow mixture (dining room bread, pizza crust, guys buns, everything.) And it was all horrible. I’m wondering if this is standard for carnival, or this was maybe an abnormal supply chain issue or something. Compared to princess (2022) where they had really good bread in the dining room and really good pizza crust. So you just wondering what other gluten free peoples experience has been on carnival recently. Thanks all!

We just finished a cruise on Glory and our travel companion is gluten intolerant. She really enjoyed the gluten free bread and the warm chocolate melting cake they made for her that was gluten free. Her only comparison was her taste buds as this was her first cruise. She has several foods she can't eat for different reasons and Carnival did a great job meeting her dietary needs.

I think the gf bread can be hit or miss. I remember that "yellow stuff", I was NOT a fan. On my last cruise which was on the Panorama, the bread was better. Some meals it was great, some meals it was really dry. I've had such bad luck with the pizza, that I don't try any more.

On 6/11/2023 at 4:41 PM, najnelle said:

I think the gf bread can be hit or miss. I remember that "yellow stuff", I was NOT a fan. On my last cruise which was on the Panorama, the bread was better. Some meals it was great, some meals it was really dry. I've had such bad luck with the pizza, that I don't try any more.

This is good to know. I’m gluten intolerant and I’ve yet to find good GF bread (although I will say I like Trader Joe’s GF white bread, but the slices are so small and is SO high in calories I can’t eat it anyway. LOL) I was wondering about their gluten free pizza on board. I was told it was really good, but of course that would depend on who is making it that day, I’m sure.