Cruise Critic Table in Compass Rose?

I’ve recently been thinking about how the most important memories I have after a cruise revolve around the people I’ve met. Often those connections have been made at a shared meal. Dining together gives people a real opportunity to really get to know each other better, discuss life aboard the ship, upcoming ports, past cruises and so forth. Do you think it would be possible to talk the maitre d’ at Compass Rose into having one large (perhaps seating for 10) table set aside each evening for something like this? The idea would be like an Open Table at Starbucks. People, when in the mood for fellowship with new people, would just ask to sit at the “Open Table” on a first come first serve basis. We might even call it the “Cruise Critic Table”. Would anyone else be interested in something like this or is it just me?

Edited by MarinerLad

We love sharing tables with fellow passengers who we've just met, but I personally like a table for six.  Eight is too big and ten would be worse, to me.  Impossible to have conversations across the table. And although I've participated in CC meet & greets and roll-call parties, most of the people I've met haven't been CC'ers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agree with Wendy on table size an Serice gets spoty with the big tables sometimes.

Meeting new people to dine with is so easy on Regent…..met new friends over drinks before dinner and ask them to join you for dinner or just tell the hostess you would like to share a table for 4, 6 or 8 when you get to the dinning room. Go at popular times to have more couples wanting to eat. Every few CC members on any given cruise compared to the # passengers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1