Are you kidding me!!!???

After cancelling my dining plan on cruise planner, I had waited over 6 weeks for the refund. After a couple of calls, I was finally advised that a glitch in the system failed to actually process a refund despite the fact it showed as cancelled. After much discussion and being placed on hold, I was advised that they would have to do a work around since the planner already had it cancelled. A couple of weeks later, I received a new invoice showing my balance as $500 more and no deposit paid. What?? Where did it go? Another call and a lot of adding and subtracting planner purchases and refunds by the CSR, she assured me that my deposit showed on her system, the monies balanced and the system would eventually update with my correct balance. She suggested I just give it a little more time. Ok, so I checked again today(approximately 6 weeks later) still no change in balance!  I called again and again was advised that deposit showed on the reservation side and no idea why doesn’t show on invoice. After another hour and 45 minutes with it being bumped up to 2 levels, it was finally decided that the only way it could be fixed is for another deposit to be paid/refunded?!!!!!! How can Royal not have the ability to just adjust an error caused by a glitch? Everyone was very apologetic but that is just nuts!

Quick question - was any of this related to a Future Cruise Credit associated with any cancelled Covid cruises?   Reason I am asking is that it was a nightmare for me as well to get the correct balances to show after 3 or 4 cancelled covid cruises. 

The Mount Rushmore of horrendous IT/Web site management contains Royal Caribbean as a charter member. In fact, they are the founder of the monument. Been cruising RC for over 20 years now and to this day they still have the absolute worse web site run by the absolute worse IT department. Are you aware RC just recently became aware of the 9.6 dial up modem? <Sarcasm>. I am just relived that the actual ships are built and run by people that don't work in the IT department. They would build the hull out of screen door material. <More sarcasm>

I've experienced greater issues of this nature with Celebrity than with RCI. The only thing that has saved me is my habit of creating a spreadsheet that captures every financial transaction as soon as we book a cruise.

• Like 1