Rakuten MSC (2%)

jules815

Not sure if any of you use Rakuten when you shop online, but I just noticed that MSC is currently at 2%. First time I've ever noticed them having it. Celebrity usually does. I may cancel an excursion and re-book for the rebate.

This would be great if you were adding something significant like a drinks packages, dining, or excursions. I honestly don't know if it would include the purchase price of a cruise, but that would be a nice one.

In case you're not familiar with it, here's a link.  https://www.cnbc.com/select/rakuten-review-2022-cash-back-earnings-perks-and-more/

Edited by jules815
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TequilaJane said:

I use Rakuten all the time and end up with at least $300 a year in cash back. Here is my referral link that will get you a $30 bonus. I also get the bonus as well.

https://www.rakuten.com/r/MARKOL14?eeid=45830

I do too! I try to tell friends about it all the time and they're either confused or think it costs them something. Total no brainer for me. I just ordered a cute pair of sandals the other day on Zappos for our upcoming cruise in September and got 10% back. Even some items on my online Walmart grocery order qualify. It adds up!

21 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Just checked my Rakuten alerts, and MSC is 4% back today!

IHG Hotels (Holiday Inn, InterContinental, etc.) is currently 9% back. (We managed to get 10% back from IHG while staying at the InterContinental in Miami in 2021.)

Hilton is at 2.5%

Checked Marriott and Hyatt and looks like nothing with them at the moment.

• 1 year later...

It may have been an offer for those new to Rakuten. I cleared my cache and was logged out and I somehow created a new account (I have a couple Emails and forgot which one I used for this) and that was when I was getting some very good offers. I got 15% from Target and saw a 14% for Hoka shoes, which I had just purchased a few days earlier for my daughter in nursing school!

Maybe now is a good time to get an account if anyone is hoping to book. Sorry if I got anyones hopes up.