Crown Princess Spa Amenities

CruiserN1

Sailing on Crown for the first time in about a month. Do I need to purchase a pass to get access to the pool/steam room/sauna in the spa? If not, what are the "extras" that come with purchasing the pass?

The Lotus Spa pool is open to any adult passenger.  There is a Thermal Suite that offers those lovely heated ceramic beds, sauna, steam room and rainforest showers.  Access to that requires the purchase of a full voyage pass (find it in your personalizer under Lotus Spa).  There is also the Sanctuary, an on deck private spa like enclave.  No pool.  if purchasing the pass for the entire trip, one gets to pick out which padded lounger - in the sun or shade and that is yours for the trip.  They also sell individual full and half day passes.  There's special spa foods available to order, no additional charge above what you've paid to get in the Sanctuary.  Sanctuary passes can not be purchases in advance, must be purchased on board.  I suggest you search this board for the Sanctuary posts for a lot more information.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiserN1 said:

Sailing on Crown for the first time in about a month. Do I need to purchase a pass to get access to the pool/steam room/sauna in the spa? If not, what are the "extras" that come with purchasing the pass?

The Thermal Suite will be just like this - 5 or 6 heated tile loungers, 2 or 3 different shower types, steam and sauna. No pool associated with it, etc.  The pass allows you access any time you want for as long as you want.

The Lotus Spa pool is open to anyone 18 and up, no charge, no reservations .(erroneously called Sanctuary Pool on this video).

Video of Thermal Suite starts about 3:01 or so, give or take - embedded with the Sanctuary, even though it's entirely different.

And yes, while this is of the Caribbean, Crown will be virtually identical.. 

The Sanctuary is separate, unrelated to Thermal Suite.  Half or full day passes only available aboard as you pick out your specific lounger. $20/40usd pp per day, $30 if booked for entire sailing...

There is still free basic sauna and steam rooms in the locker rooms on Crown, something to consider also before springing for that thermal suite.... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

There is still free basic sauna and steam rooms in the locker rooms on Crown, something to consider also before springing for that thermal suite.... 

Is this still true?  I read elsewhere that the Emerald had these free sauna/steam rooms removed.  I assumed they had been removed from the Crown as well.

I was just on the Royal and purchased the Enclave pass but sailing the Crown in November.

So is the thermal suite on Crown like the Royal's enclave, minus the whirlpool area? I would imagine it should cost less? (Enclave was $149/week pre-cruise and $168 on board).

Thanks!

Thermal Suite 11 Day Cruise Pass

Relaxation Areas

An immersive thermal experience. Go solo or relax with friends and family. Unwind in an oasis of heated chambers, featuring warm and cool temperatures to cleanse and recharge the body. Elements of mist, rain, steam and warmth are designed to promote deep relaxation and renewal of vital energies. Pass valid for the entire duration of cruise. $216.

doing the math, a 7 day cruise would be around $138.  
and yes, no whirlpool area

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theloo said:

Is this still true?  I read elsewhere that the Emerald had these free sauna/steam rooms removed.  I assumed they had been removed from the Crown as well.

Yes, still true for the Crown, free  steam and sauna in changing room for fitness center. I was just  on Crown May 12-23, 2023.

The Emerald, sister ship DID have the free steam and saunas removed and I believe were renovated for accessible spa treatment rooms.

No confirmation if plans are to remove from existing ‘grand’ class ships, being Ruby, Crown, Caribbean, Sapphire.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

I was just on the Royal and purchased the Enclave pass but sailing the Crown in November.

So is the thermal suite on Crown like the Royal's enclave, minus the whirlpool area? I would imagine it should cost less? (Enclave was $149/week pre-cruise and $168 on board).

Thanks!

No, it's not like the Enclave. You can see exactly what the Crown thermal suite looks like in video above. (yes, as noted, it's the Caribbean, the Crown is virtually identical).

Different layout, size, amenities, etc.. 

• Like 1