Changing Cabins

jdacombe

A spot of advice if possible please:

Have booked a cruise for next April with my wife in a standard balcony cabin and our eldest son now also wants to come along with a friend.

Unfortunately his friend is now unable to come, and I'm thinking of options for him:

a. See if he can find another friend to join him and share the cost of the cruise

b. Goes solo in a cabin, which would mean a solo fare of nearly £2.5K

c. He stays in a cabin with us, which would mean we would need to upgrade our cabin to either a Premium Balcony Cabin or a Mini Suite. He's pretty tall (6ft+) so I think the love seats in the balcony cabins would be too small for him, so a mini suite would be the best option.

If he chooses option c. could I just pay the extra for the upgrade and his fare, or would I have to cancel my booking altogether and re-book a mini suite for the three of us.

Grateful for any help (although I think I know what the answer maybe)

2 minutes ago, jdacombe said:

Have booked a cruise for next April with my wife in a standard balcony cabin and our eldest son now also wants to come along with a friend.

Unfortunately his friend is now unable to come, and I'm thinking of options for him:

a. See if he can find another friend to join him and share the cost of the cruise

c. He stays in a cabin with us, which would mean we would need to upgrade our cabin to either a Premium Balcony Cabin or a Mini Suite. He's pretty tall (6ft+) so I think the love seats in the balcony cabins would be too small for him, so a mini suite would be the best option.

If he chooses option c. could I just pay the extra for the upgrade and his fare, or would I have to cancel my booking altogether and re-book a mini suite for the three of us.

I'd suggest an additional option d.  empower your son to figure this out at his own expense without causing you any inconvenience.

I see you are from the UK and I believe your booking terms and conditions are a bit different than for Canada and US passengers.

if you have used a travel agent you should consult with them, else call Princess and see what your options are being a UK passenger.

You were not clear if you already have a booking for your son and friend that cannot join now.

3 hours ago, jdacombe said:

in my experience a balcony for two & a inside for one (even with the single supplement) are about the same price as a mini suite so we (3 traveling together) book a balcony & an inside near each other which gives us more space, extra privacy, an extra bathroom & we can share the balcony when there are things we want to see

Edited by travelin.sisters
  • Like 1

We have upgraded from an inside to a balcony - UK booking - you simply call Princess and pay the difference in price as of today. IMHO If he is paying for the cruise It would be up to him to decide which option to take - If you are paying it is your decision.