NCL linking B2B reservations

ChiefMateJRK

We have discussed linking of two reservations on the same sailing in the past (i.e. two rooms, two reservation numbers, traveling together).  I've had NCL Agents do this but several, when asked, acknowledged that it really accomplishes nothing.  That's not what I'm asking about now.  In March, I had to call to complete a B2B booking (I think the NCL website was having one of its bad days) and the agent asked if I would like her to link them as B2B.  I said sure, and mentioned that I had several other B2B reservations booked.  She spent a bit of time going through the others with me and told me she had them all linked.  A month later, I sailed my first ever B2B (one that had been linked) and I think it had some benefits.  Primaily, the on board account remained open and I was able to roll a small amount of unused, not-refundable OBC over to the next week (when I did in fact use it).  Also, I received a letter in my cabin acknowledging that I was on a back to back with specific useful instructions.  I may have received this regardless, but I really don't know. 

Today, I spoke with an NCL agent and she was unable to complete a similar linking on several new B2B bookings.  She said I would have to change rooms as part of the linking process, which of course could present some risks.  Since an agent did this to several existing bookings in March, I'm hoping that the March agent new some trick/process that today's didn't know.  Anybody else have experience with this?  Thanks.

Had no problem linking b2b when I booked Sky 9/1/23 and 9/11/23 on the phone with my agent Giovanni.  Of course I used him to get the same inside cabin on both sailings, never tried to book b2b separately. 

Another item about b2b.  In 2016 I called to book Gem b2b out of San Juan, PR in October and November 2016.  I was told that they could book it as one 14 day cruise, and then I would only have to pay one deposit.  That idea saved me no money, but I knew that it would mean less Lattitudes benefits because it would mean less meals for two, less laundry bags, less WiFi, less bottles of wine, less chocolate covered strawberries.   I respectfully declined to make it a 14 day cruise, since two seven day cruises was so much better.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Another item about b2b.  In 2016 I called to book Gem b2b out of San Juan, PR in October and November 2016.  I was told that they could book it as one 14 day cruise, and then I would only have to pay one deposit.  That idea saved me no money, but I knew that it would mean less Lattitudes benefits because it would mean less meals for two, less laundry bags, less WiFi, less bottles of wine, less chocolate covered strawberries.   I respectfully declined to make it a 14 day cruise, since two seven day cruises was so much better.

Worth knowing,

When we did a long cruise on Princess that was also sold as two shorter ones  on board they treat you as a B2B, all perks duplicated for each cruise.

• Like 1

I did a b2b2b on the Escape a few years ago changing cabins each time and also with different combinations of people in in room on each booking.

The reservations were never linked, but my account was kept open all the way through and I got letters about the next cruises. So those things can happen regardless of the reservations being linked.

It had some benefits and also caused some issues.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mugtech said:

I recently called NCL to book a B2B, expecting it to be 2 separate reservations but linked, like it has been in the past. When I received the confirmation email it was one reservation for the 21 days. I thought it was great at first, then like the above poster, I started thinking about the latitude perks I might miss out on. i.e. Only receive them once in the 21 days.  So I called NCL & was told I would get the perks twice as if it was two separate cruises. (10 day + 11 Day). I have not been on the cruise yet so I can not confirm that is what actually occurred. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 12:58 AM, KeithJenner said:

I did a b2b2b on the Escape a few years ago changing cabins each time and also with different combinations of people in in room on each booking.

The reservations were never linked, but my account was kept open all the way through and I got letters about the next cruises. So those things can happen regardless of the reservations being linked.

It had some benefits and also caused some issues.

Thanks Keith.  As always, I appreciate your inputs here.  As I had mentioned, I only just recently completed my first B2B but have "several" 🤣booked in the future.  At this point in my cruising life, seven days on the ship simply is NOT enough.  Also, I have a strong preference for Encore/Bliss/Joy, so apart from the occasional ten-day itinerary, it almost has to be a B2B.  I actually think I found a Bliss AK B2B in the future that is a ten-day followed by a seven day, with two different itineraries.  That's more than "twice the fun." 😎

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 5:18 AM, Cruisernat said:

I recently called NCL to book a B2B, expecting it to be 2 separate reservations but linked, like it has been in the past. When I received the confirmation email it was one reservation for the 21 days. I thought it was great at first, then like the above poster, I started thinking about the latitude perks I might miss out on. i.e. Only receive them once in the 21 days.  So I called NCL & was told I would get the perks twice as if it was two separate cruises. (10 day + 11 Day). I have not been on the cruise yet so I can not confirm that is what actually occurred. 

Thanks.  Please let us know how this plays out.  Did you receive a single invoice for the reservation?  What does it show where it lists number of specialty dining, etc?

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks.  Please let us know how this plays out.  Did you receive a single invoice for the reservation?  What does it show where it lists number of specialty dining, etc?

Yes a single invoice.

it shows the following for Free at Sea: 

2 x Shore Excursion Discount
4 x Internet Package (150 Minutes)

4 x 1 Meal Speciality Dining Package

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruisernat said:

Yes a single invoice.

it shows the following for Free at Sea: 

2 x Shore Excursion Discount
4 x Internet Package (150 Minutes)

4 x 1 Meal Speciality Dining Package

Thanks.  It looks like you got twice the perks, so no harm there.  Is that how you see it?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks Keith.  As always, I appreciate your inputs here.  As I had mentioned, I only just recently completed my first B2B but have "several" 🤣booked in the future.  At this point in my cruising life, seven days on the ship simply is NOT enough.  Also, I have a strong preference for Encore/Bliss/Joy, so apart from the occasional ten-day itinerary, it almost has to be a B2B.  I actually think I found a Bliss AK B2B in the future that is a ten-day followed by a seven day, with two different itineraries.  That's more than "twice the fun." 😎

I am curious of the dates, as this sounds like a great B2B.