Simply more's impact on current bookings?

Nashna

Has anyone tried to change an existing OLife reservation without changing to SM?  I'm interested in changing the option on a future cruise from OBC to included excursions and wondering if this is still possible now that SM has been released.

10 minutes ago, vadraw said:

Has anyone tried to change an existing OLife reservation without changing to SM?  I'm interested in changing the option on a future cruise from OBC to included excursions and wondering if this is still possible now that SM has been released.

I plan to do the same on our 2025 booking. Will be discussing this today with our TA.  You might call your TA or Oceania directly.  Please don't try to do any changes online.  I think it would result in a messy situation. 

5 hours ago, vadraw said:

This isn't exactly the situation described, but I was able to change to a different room (same room category) when I saw that a room I had wanted had become available.  I had to get my non-Oceania travel advisor to call Oceania, but that was no big deal.  However, the change didn't impact Olife/SimplyMORE amenities, so it was a simple change.  And I had not made final payment yet.  Final payment isn't for a month or so, therefore I'm curious what you find out, Rainbow.  My travel agent's been on vacation but I was going to call him next week, as before SM launched, I figured I might possibly buy Olife for the excursion amenity.  This will be for my first Asian cruise, and there are a few ports that might be a bit of a challenge to do on my own, so I'll likely spend more time and money than usual on Oceania excursions..

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

6 hours ago, vadraw said:

Check your Guest Statement for the applicable rules. Here is what mine says regarding changing our OLife amenity choice (on p. 5 of 6 under "Important Information"; I added boldface to applicable sentence):
"Amenities: Promotional and Oceania Club
Promotional amenities included on select cruises along with Oceania Club elite benefits are limited to one set per voyage, per stateroom or suite. This includes
but is not limited to the Around the World Cruises, Grand Voyages, and Extended Journeys which are comprised of multiple cruise segments. OLife Choice
amenities are per stateroom, based on double occupancy and subject to change. OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania
Select, Oceania Exclusive, Executive Collection, Food & Wine Trails, Wellness Discovery Tours by Aquamar, Go Local, Go Green, Beyond Blueprint, and
Culinary Discovery Tours. Voyages up to 9 days receive 4 free shore excursions; 10-13 days receive 6 free shore excursions; 14+ days receive 8 free
shore excursions. If shore excursion amenity is selected, all excursions must be chosen at least 14 days prior to sailing. OLife Choice beverage package
amenity is House Select. Guests in the same stateroom must choose the same OLife Choice amenity, and amenity must be chosen by final payment. OLife
Choice benefits have no cash value and are non-transferrable."

So, they should let you change before final payment since you are booked under the OLife promo.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

This isn't exactly the situation described, but I was able to change to a different room (same room category) when I saw that a room I had wanted had become available.  I had to get my non-Oceania travel advisor to call Oceania, but that was no big deal.  However, the change didn't impact Olife/SimplyMORE amenities, so it was a simple change.  And I had not made final payment yet.  Final payment isn't for a month or so, therefore I'm curious what you find out, Rainbow.  My travel agent's been on vacation but I was going to call him next week, as before SM launched, I figured I might possibly buy Olife for the excursion amenity.  This will be for my first Asian cruise, and there are a few ports that might be a bit of a challenge to do on my own, so I'll likely spend more time and money than usual on Oceania excursions..

Yes. My TA was able to change the OBC to excursions on an Olife that was booked 6 months ago, without any problem. Good luck 😎🌊🌻

8 hours ago, vadraw said:

Yes. My TA did it today. No problem. 😎🌊

• Like 1

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this was addressed earlier.  

We never had a drink package on Oceania.   Is there a Service Charge/Tip added to each drink if you are on the Basic Drink Package through SM or even if you paid for it? 

Thanks.  I appreciate your help.

Felice 😎 

43 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this was addressed earlier.  

We never had a drink package on Oceania.   Is there a Service Charge/Tip added to each drink if you are on the Basic Drink Package through SM or even if you paid for it? 

Thanks.  I appreciate your help.

Felice 😎 

There is no tip added to drinks covered by the drink package (it is included with the package price). If you buy drinks off-package, a tip will be added.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Everyone, 

Check the new low offers on the Summer Sale with Oceania or your TA. If you look at the Summer Sale online the prices are $2000 higher. They're doing something that's difficult to comprehend.

Our TA said she cannot SEE the actual final cost until after she makes the switch.😢

Our January 2024 on Regatta will drop over $800 pp to switch to SM. 

Good luck &  Enjoy 🌻🌊🎶

Felice 😎

19 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Hi Everyone, 

Check the new low offers on the Summer Sale with Oceania or your TA. If you look at the Summer Sale online the prices are $2000 higher. They're doing something that's difficult to comprehend.

Our TA said she cannot SEE the actual final cost until after she makes the switch.😢

Our January 2024 on Regatta will drop over $800 pp to switch to SM. 

Good luck &  Enjoy 🌻🌊🎶

Felice 😎

If your travel agent can't see the prices until after she changes your booking, you may need a new agent.  She could pick up a phone and call O first.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

If your travel agent can't see the prices until after she changes your booking, you may need a new agent.  She could pick up a phone and call O first.   

Definitely need new agent!  My agent has had the Summer Sale price on her website for 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

As could each of us by asking for a “new” booking quote.

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

As could each of us by asking for a “new” booking quote.

True, but the commission goes to the TA, not the customer.  I don't walk over and get my own cutlery in a restaurant; I ask the person who is being paid to perform that service to, you know, perform that service.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

Definitely need new agent!  My agent has had the Summer Sale price on her website for 3 weeks. 

No!!!!! My TA is very up to date.

We also had Summer Sale but this particular cruise and a few others had NEW RED  Summer Sale prices.

8 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

No!!!!! My TA is very up to date.

We also had Summer Sale but this particular cruise and a few others had NEW RED  Summer Sale prices.

Doubtful, the Summer Sale started with 72 cruises on July 1st and still has the same 72 cruises.  

38 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

True, but the commission goes to the TA, not the customer.  I don't walk over and get my own cutlery in a restaurant; I ask the person who is being paid to perform that service to, you know, perform that service.

Some here don’t have a TA or their TA is not very good.
In our case, our TA is quite good and her agency is generous with rebates. But, if I can more easily get an answer directly at any particular point in time, I do (e.g., from the O Ambassador onboard in all of about 3 minutes or in a quick phone call with an O rep I use for excursion purchases). 
Sometimes, DIY just makes more sense. (Just ask Bob Persig). Kind of like when the waiter is swamped and there’s a delay in getting that missing silverware. It’s just so much easier to reach across and take what you need from the next unseated table.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

delay in getting that missing silverware. It’s just so much easier to reach across and take what you need from the next unseated table.

Sure, if you consider shifting the problem a solution.   I prefer solutions that don't cause additional problems.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Some here don’t have a TA or their TA is not very good.
In our case, our TA is quite good and her agency is generous with rebates. But, if I can more easily get an answer directly at any particular point in time, I do (e.g., from the O Ambassador onboard in all of about 3 minutes or in a quick phone call with an O rep I use for excursion purchases). 
Sometimes, DIY just makes more sense. (Just ask Bob Persig). Kind of like when the waiter is swamped and there’s a delay in getting that missing silverware. It’s just so much easier to reach across and take what you need from the next unseated table.

Hi,

I agree with calling O about excursions. Their O reps are always helpful.

Since we are booked with a TA, the O reps do not or cannot answer pricing questions. 

At this point, our TA switched us to SM and we saved a nice amount of money. 

🎶🎉🌻🌊😎

Edited by Rainbow3fe

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Yikes!

She saw the new prices for the cruise.  Because we already paid for 7 excursions each and there were discounts on some of them, she could not see the exact final until we switched.  I trusted that she knew we would be saving money by switching.  We just didn't know the exact dollar amount. 

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Doubtful, the Summer Sale started with 72 cruises on July 1st and still has the same 72 cruises.  

Maybe because this particular cruise on Summer Sale was $1800 pp more than we paid with Memorial Day Sale, they either made an error or changed their minds. 

1 hour ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Maybe because this particular cruise on Summer Sale was $1800 pp more than we paid with Memorial Day Sale, they either made an error or changed their minds. 

Did you mean Extraordinary (not Memorial Day) Sale? Or was there an upgrade sale I'm forgetting? The only January 2024 Regatta cruise with the Summer Sale that I see is the 14 day....with no air (air add $1700), Inside $2799 (vs $5799), OV $3149 (vs 6349), B $4399 (vs. $8499), suites are not on sale at $11,899. Does this sound about right? Nice sale!

Yes. The Summer Sale on the website shows Veranda B $8499. 

We already had  the Memorial Day Sale OLife Veranda B $6499

Now SM is $4399.

I think Oceania has done something absurd with this particular cruise. 😜

On the website it says we haveto pay $539 pp for the House Beverage package. The House Beverage package is included with the SM according to my new official invoice. 

I'm not complaining. 🌻 I would have taken the extra refund and upgraded to a PH but they're not on sale. Figures.🙃

This PH on a 14 day cruise costs more than we paid for our Vista 24 night PH2

Felice 😎