Anyone been on Poesia lately?

mackfam

I am considering an 11 night Northern Europe/Baltic cruise on the Poesia in 2024. Obviously this will be in gen pop as no YC on this ship (this is already causing anxiety!) I’m wondering if anyone has sailed on her recently and if so, what the experience was like. Prior to trying MSC last year (only been in YC so far), our preference was for the smaller, older Celebrity or Royal ships. 

2 hours ago, mackfam said:

I am considering an 11 night Northern Europe/Baltic cruise on the Poesia in 2024. Obviously this will be in gen pop as no YC on this ship (this is already causing anxiety!) I’m wondering if anyone has sailed on her recently and if so, what the experience was like. Prior to trying MSC last year (only been in YC so far), our preference was for the smaller, older Celebrity or Royal ships. 

Can't answer as I've never been on Poesia, but wanted to say I booked this cruise - if you mean the Sept 12th one...the price is excellent and, in a very unique itinerary, it stops at all 3 Baltic countries.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was on the Poesia for 14 days last year and she's a well looked after ship. She has that lovely small ship feel and get to know you feel for the crew than the larger MSC ships have. I enjoyed my two weeks on her. Use the aft stairwells for more picturesque and secluded views when leaving and entering ports. You can get the aft and side perspectives from there. Loved that feature and so happy the fitness trainer told me about them!