AOS Pools

Are the pools on AOS salt water? Just out of curiosity, why are some salt and others fresh water?

Yup - the pools on the AOS are all salt water :( Personally, I prefer either fresh or chlorinated. I'm not sure which, if any of RCI's ships actually have fresh water??

I have also not run into any pools on RCI that were not salt water, however I have heard rumor that the children's pools may be...also the hot tubs are chlorinated (alas, I will not get to sit in these for hours on end this time due to pregnancy :()

~~Jen

going Platinum May 7 on Adventure!!

I have also not run into any pools on RCI that were not salt water, however I have heard rumor that the children's pools may be...also the hot tubs are chlorinated (alas, I will not get to sit in these for hours on end this time due to pregnancy :()

~~Jen

going Platinum May 7 on Adventure!!

You know what? You're right! The children's pool on the Radiance and the AOS were not salt water.

Oh I am glad to hear that. My little guy does not care for salt water in his face so he will be happy. This was a shocker to me last year on my 1st cruise. I did not expect to taste salt when I jumped into the pool.

Does anybody no why they use salt water? Is it the cost to keep chlorinating pool water? Just curious. I don't care for salt water pools either. In fact, I didn't even get in the pool last year for that reason. Oh well....can't please everbody :D

Does anybody no why they use salt water? Is it the cost to keep chlorinating pool water? Just curious. I don't care for salt water pools either. In fact, I didn't even get in the pool last year for that reason. Oh well....can't please everbody :D

What did you do when you went to one of the beaches in the Caribbean? I wouldn't stay out of the water because it was either salt or fresh water, but an overly chlorinated pool can be just as objectionable and problematic as one filled with salt water, and the salt water provides a poor swimmer like me with more buoyancy. :)

Archived