Disembarking in Southampton

We are embarking and then disembarking in Southampton on a 7-night cruise.  The ship arrives at 5:30am.  I assume if we walk off, we'll be able to get off around 7:00am catch a 9:00am flight out of Southampton, since the airport is only 15 minutes or so away?

Since this is a round trip and only stopping in Norway, will we have to go thru customs/immigration upon arrival?  If so, how long would it take?  Have not sailed from Southampton in years.

It’s doable, but you have very little margin for error if there are any delays in disembarking. You’d really need to be in a cab by 7.30 at the latest. Much depends on your attitude to risk and the implications of missing your flight.

But no, I wouldn’t anticipate any customs or immigration delays unless the UK Border Force is doing random spot checks, which it occasionally does.

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

We are embarking and then disembarking in Southampton on a 7-night cruise.  The ship arrives at 5:30am.  I assume if we walk off, we'll be able to get off around 7:00am catch a 9:00am flight out of Southampton, since the airport is only 15 minutes or so away?

Since this is a round trip and only stopping in Norway, will we have to go thru customs/immigration upon arrival?  If so, how long would it take?  Have not sailed from Southampton in years.

Do self assist and you shouldn’t have a problem.

We find Southampton extremely easy to both embark and disembark.

Next summer we’re sailing from Southampton.  I’ve been looking at flights (using May as a proxy) and it’s MUCH cheaper for us to fly from Atlanta to Heathrow.  What time is reasonable to fly out?  Looks like the nonstop flights are early morning or noonish or 2:00 in the afternoon.  Just beginning to think about it, lots of time to book something.

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

Where are you flying to from SOU?  What check in time is required? I know it’s a very small airport but I wouldn’t want to aim for a 9am flight!!! 

1 hour ago, ATG said:

Next summer we’re sailing from Southampton.  I’ve been looking at flights (using May as a proxy) and it’s MUCH cheaper for us to fly from Atlanta to Heathrow.  What time is reasonable to fly out?  Looks like the nonstop flights are early morning or noonish or 2:00 in the afternoon.  Just beginning to think about it, lots of time to book something.

With the transfer to Heathrow I’d go with the 2.00pm flight.

15 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

With the transfer to Heathrow I’d go with the 2.00pm flight.

That’s what I was thinking.  But I appreciate the advice!

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Where are you flying to from SOU?  What check in time is required? I know it’s a very small airport but I wouldn’t want to aim for a 9am flight!!! 

We have a 9am flight to Edinburgh.  We're flying Business, so I would think if we got to the airport around 7:30am, we would be OK?

8 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

We have a 9am flight to Edinburgh.  We're flying Business, so I would think if we got to the airport around 7:30am, we would be OK?

You're flying a domestic flight, in a small jet, on a regional airline, from a very small airport.  Online check-in closes 1 hour before departure.  Your boarding cards/app will, I presume, show the latest bag-drop time, but it could easily be less than that.

I'd be comfortable with 90 minutes.

8 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Guessing your with Loganair… checkin closes 30 mins before departure so you should be ok. 

14 hours ago, ATG said:

That’s what I was thinking.  But I appreciate the advice!

I'll second that- if you are going by car from Southampton to Heathrow then part of your journey will be on the M25 which is absolutely horrific for traffic at times. I'd book as late a flight as possible