Transfer a booking

babs135

Am I allowed to do this?  We are booked on the Victoria's Xmas cruise and there is a chance that we may have to change dates.  I don't want to cancel but merely change to another cruise in 2024.  We don't have to pay the balance until the end of September by which time we should know what is happening, but I'd like to know whether a transfer is allowed and then I can at least make a start at looking what cruises are out there!

You can transfer but it’s subject to the booking conditions and what fare you’ve booked - if you’ve booked through a travel agent you need to contact them, but if you booked direct you can contact cunard customer service.  Transfers typically have an associated admin charge (think this is still £100), but you can only transfer if you booked a cunard fare (and the new booking needs to be within a certain timescale).  If you’ve booked on a saver fare I don’t believe you can transfer according to the booking conditions, but a call into cunard will be able to confirm any options available for you.

(Addition: this is for UK bookings, it may differ from other country booking conditions)

Edited by Sue-B

3 hours ago, babs135 said:

Am I allowed to do this?  We are booked on the Victoria's Xmas cruise and there is a chance that we may have to change dates.  I don't want to cancel but merely change to another cruise in 2024.  We don't have to pay the balance until the end of September by which time we should know what is happening, but I'd like to know whether a transfer is allowed and then I can at least make a start at looking what cruises are out there!

Yes you can for a UK booking as long as the correct fare was booked but bear in mind Cunard don't usually initially allow transfers when new itineraries are released.

That's our experience with QG. Not sure if it's the same throughout the ship.

Hi babs135, I recently changed a booking so many be able to offer some assistance.

My understanding is that if you book a Cunard Fare, and outside of the 90 day pre-cruise period (before the final balance is due) you can transfer your booking to one of equal or higher value with no admin charge.

If within the 90 day period, or the voyage you're transfering to is of lesser value, I believe the admin charge will be applied.

It's important to note that the voyage you're transfering to must be within 12 months of the existing one, and can only be done once.

This page describes it far better than I can and has more helpful information: https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

• Like 3