MSC cruise and flight package

iloveglee

This is MSC package and popular with Brits, books up quite quickly.

Last year our friends were told Virgin from LHR and they (MSC) changed the airline in March 2022 to BA from LGW

Edited by emmas gran
Add

Mark T. I'm not entirely sure what manner of trip this is.  The cruise agent were selling a cruise, with a flight, which is a plane that is chartered by MSC and is a BA flight.  They also include free parking at Gatwick.  So I don't know how this will work, never having been on this type of trip before.  

Emmas Gran thanks for this.  The cruise club did warn us that the details are subject to change.  I'd have no problem if they changed us from gatwick to heathrow, as that is a slightly shorter journey from our home.  I doubt this will happen though, although the times might be subject to change.  We have booked a hotel for the night before so that wouldn't be a problem.

This package also includes free car parking.  We know where the car park is they have allocated as we have parked there before in the past, so if that doesn't change we'll be happy with that.  

They did tell me that on the date of departure, msc give you the departure time, probably the day before, but that they transport the whole plane load to the airport at the same time.  So no wonder the bag check in is challenging.  They're not able to tell us how long the cruise line will allow us to stay on board, as we dock at 7 am and don't fly until 8 pm.  So that in itself could be challenging.  We are considering booking the lounge at the airport, and will have to think of something so that myself and one of the others in the group won't have to stand in line for a long time to check in the bags. 

I have looked into assistance at the airport, but normally this is airside.  We rarely travel with checked bags these days, last time we did it was on a package holiday, but the party being deposited at the airport consisted of only one coach of about 50 people.  Not a whole planeload!! 

I am very open to any and all comments anyone wants to make about this.  Very grateful for them actually.  Knowledge is power as they say.  

• 9 months later...