Why you prefer Carnival

fla gang

I have sailed on Carnival and Princess. I choose Carnival by far. When we (hubby and I)go cruising we go to relax and let our hair down a bit. The guests on Carnival seem more relaxed and just want to have a fun time. That's why we love cruising. On the other cruiseline we tried to start up a conversation with some people in the elevator, just having fun and showing some excitement and several times we just got snubbed off. What a way to be. We just got back from a sailing the Sensation and we had such a great time. All the guests were having a great time and loved to share it with others. We said then, we will stay with Carnival. Stuffy is not for me, This girl just wants to have fun!

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]12 cruises, 10 on Carnival.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]TROPICALE, JUBILEE, ELATION, GLORY, PRIDE[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Always had a fantastic time, great food, great service, fabulous accomodations. Met some of the nicest people in the World ( I still communicate with some I've met 8 years ago ! ). Beautiful ships, great crews, tantalizing entertainment, I have absolutely no complaints. :) [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080][b]BUT[/b], for the first time in all of those cruises, I was glad to get off the ship and actually enjoyed the short drive home. I had not one smattering of PCD ! Actually I was anxious to get back to business (maybe this is what vacations are for? :confused: ). [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]I cruise solo, inside cabin, and last minute (usually book passage a week or less before the departure date). Carnival has been very good about providing excellent pricing for my solo cruises. Celebrity and Holland America, so-called "premium" lines sell their balconies, mini-suites and suites out sometimes a year in advance. But they both, particularly HAL, have difficulty in filling their inside and sometimes Oceanview cabins lately. A situation "ripe" for exploitation by a last minute cruiser such as I. :D (now, if I could just ignore everything I've read on the HAL boards). . . .:rolleyes: [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080][b]SO[/b], I'm considering either Alaska on the SPIRIT or a HAL or Celebrity ship this Fall or early Summer 2005. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080][b]Or[/b], if the price is right, the SPIRIT doing the 8 day lower Mexican Riviera (I've done the 7-day, 9 times).[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Either way, I'll never forget my one true love, [b]Carnival[/b]. But when you're not with the cruiseline you love, you love the cruiseline you're with. (sorry). :D [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080] [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[font=Century Gothic][color=darkorchid][b]We're looking forward to our 1st Carnival cruise, but we've sailed other lines as you can see by my signature. We want to try all of them - love variety. Every cruise has been great, although there are some differences. Interestingly enough, we haven't been on Carnival yet, because every year I got a better value on another line. I compared Carnival ships every time, too. We barely booked the RCCL July cruise, and it was less expensive than any 7 day sailing I could get on Carnival for the same date.[/b][/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkorchid][/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkorchid][b]Here's what I liked best and least about the lines we've been on:[/b][/color][/font]
[b][font=Century Gothic][color=#9932cc][/color][/font][/b]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkorchid][b]HAL - quality of food (menu too conservative), our suite w/wrap-around corner balcony and jacuzzi tub, private island was best we've seen - BUT we laughed about how old and sedate it was and would never take our kids on this one. If it's a little too quiet for us, it's 10 min. from being a morgue. The disco was a joke.[/b][/color][/font]

[b][font=Century Gothic][color=#9932cc]NCL - Freestyle dining, alternative restaurants, our suite, service - BUT our cabin on the Norway was a glorified closet, and neither ship had great discos.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][color=#9932cc]Princess - beautiful ship, Princess Loveboat Dream is the best dessert I've ever had including tira misu (SP! too lazy to look it up), pools open 24 hrs., frig in all cabins, Personal Choice Dining, and must take our kids on this ship! BUT - servers sneered at us for not drinking alcohol like we were so uncultured or trying to be cheap. It's a religious choice, not a financial one. This was a huge complaint, and you better believe it went on the comment card.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Century Gothic][color=#9932cc]RCCL and Carnival coming soon! [/color][/font][/b]

I can't really say I "prefer" Carnival. Before every cruise we check out all the cruise lines and choose based on price, convenience, age of the ship and destination. So far Carnival has made it 5 in a row but we are checking other lines for our next cruise.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=purple][color=purple][font='Comic Sans MS']First let me say that we have never had a bad cruise. One was interesting and we ended up taking the vacation guarantee but it was NOT a bad cruise. Each has something the others do not: Norwegian has FreeStyle dining; Royal has ice rinks, rock climbing walls and/or putt putt golf. Celebrity has excellent food plus you can order room service from the dinner menu. Although we are not loyal to Carnival we have found that they offer excellent value, itineraries, and service. Also, Carnival is the only cruise line to offer the "Vacation Guarantee". [/font][/color][/color][/size][/font]

Archived