Disembarking 1 day early

Hi,

I am taking a Mediterranean cruise (Denver to Portugal Aug 17 - Rome Aug 27). I would like to get off the cruise in Pisa on August 26. I know about closed loop cruises, which this is not, and I know about "downline disembarkation forms". However, I keep being told that under no circumstances can I leave the cruise early. 

Any one have any suggestions? 

You need permission from the cruise line to disembark early. Depending on the itinerary, immigration might need to be arranged (there is a difference between going to a cruise stop versus disembarking), etc. I'm not sure NCL is giving this permission currently.

Your port choice for diembarkation may not be set up for that.  A lot of things have changed since covid, and while this was available a few years ago in many places, that may not be a thing anymore.  Not only would you have to be processed through immigration, you would have to be cashed out on the ship.  And there may be more things along those lines.

• 9 months later...
On 6/19/2023 at 3:55 PM, Mycruisewedding said:

Hi,

I am taking a Mediterranean cruise (Denver to Portugal Aug 17 - Rome Aug 27). I would like to get off the cruise in Pisa on August 26. I know about closed loop cruises, which this is not, and I know about "downline disembarkation forms". However, I keep being told that under no circumstances can I leave the cruise early. 

Any one have any suggestions? 

Hi, did they allow you to do this? I am looking to do the same thing on our Italy cruise in July. Pisa is also our last stop before the cruise ends in Rome the following day. Any guidance on your experience would be helpful and greatly appreciated.