Booking tours once in port, on the spot at Kiosk?

World Gallery

I have spent a lot of time researching tour options and they are all starting to blend together (so many kayaking, whale watching, nature hikes).  It is overwhelming so I was wondering if it is possible to book some tours at the Kiosks once exiting the ship with private venders.  It would also give us the chance to decide if the weather is worth the tour (Seaplane, Kayaking). Also, if we miss seeing whales in one port, have the option to try again.  Our ports are Juneau, Sitka, Skagway, Icy Strait, Ketchikan.  We are on Cunard Queen Elizabeth and most are long port days (Icy Strait is 13 hours, Juneau 12 hours).  

Any suggestions for last minute tours that were enjoyed? Thanks

In Sitka, generally hte vendors are after you board the shuttle and get into downtown sitka, outside centennial hall. this is the only place you might have some issues becuase you do have to get out there. 

icy strait is a little limiting, but i saw a sign for some vendors... i had my own plans that day. 

Juneau, skagway and ketchikan have a plethora of vendors near the port. 

The first time we went to Alaska we booked a shore excursion through the ship wanting to see as much of Alaska as we could figuring we would never be back. The second time (going 5th time this summer) we didn't pre-book anything, there were kiosks at most ports and we could choose what we wanted depending on the weather. Sitka is a favorite port. Have never taken an excursion there - plenty to do just walking - park with totem poles/beach/etc., the old church, etc.

If there is something that you would be upset that you missed, book it ahead of time - especially if it involves a boat or flight. You may be able to book on shore, but you might not.

• Like 1