Help me with this decision PLS!!!!

I need to make decision soon as to which cabins to take for Mariner Oct 22 cruise. I have 2 sets on hold for a few more days. They are: 6588/89 being a E1 and a PR for the 2 kids (ages 10 and 11), and 9602/03 a D2 and and M (for the 2 kids). We were on deck 9 last time we did Mariner in the way back, not mid ship. I loved deck 9 since I walk a lot and it was just so fast to get to 12 to the deck for the pool or windjammer or 13 to the sports deck. And with the kids, going up and down from pool to inline skating was a lot of up and down. Now I also liked walking to the promanade a lot and sitting in the cafe. But deck 6 is central also but at least a bigger hike to all the popular places I go....but I can make it..this is not the make it or break it of the decision. The deck 6 cabins are also a bit more--$40 more and the E cabin is smaller. The kids are going to be in PR cabin, one child loves it the other feels they do not want everyone looking in on them. So... tell me pros and cons of each and help me make my decision. Thanks all!

So true...so what is the point of being there.... I thought the kids would like to see out a window...but i love deck 9 for it is so easy to get to where i love to go---upwards to 12, and the sports deck. Just so easy to run down and up a few flights of stairs. But I feel the kids would like the scenery from the room, which may be a distraction to telling them go to sleep at the time we tell them to go to sleep. So maybe I just answered my own question. That is why just listening (so to speak) what one writes is theraputic and soooo helpful.

I always take into account what deck my cabin is underneath. I try to get a cabin on a deck that is between two passenger decks. Being below a noisy area (below the galley, a lounge, or the disco) is bad news.

T

I agree with the OP that deck nine is so easy to get to the pool deck and windjammer. For me I think I would like deck nine or ten and then my next pick would be deck six. The reasoning for deck six is convenience. It seems the elevators are most congested at the beginning and end of port calls and at dinner time. By being on deck six you can easily walk to the Promenade, the main dinning rooms, and to the lower deck for tendoring/docks. Plus, if you do need an elevator it may be less likely full by the time you get it on deck six or five on your way up to the pool deck.

This year there were no deck nine cabins in the location we wanted so we are trying our next choice, deck six. After this I will know for sure the pros and cons.

Have fun.

Thanks.

Our deck 6 cabins are over the logo shop.

But I am thinking that for safety issues, 2 kids in a room that tons of others can see have only kids in them(10 and 11 yrs old)may not be the wisest thing. We all think that ship safety is just safe--I think we need to always remember we make it that way with choices and behaviors. My kids are good kids and not wild but I think deck 9 in that respect is safer. And I think being closer to the decks we goto most often is a good point. When we did Mariner before and got deck 9 it was great to walk up and be at the pool so fast. Walking down was no biggie either--just more exercise.

So it really is just a matter of choice---and I hate making decisions. Thanks!

Archived