Using OBC for airport transfer

fruitmachine

I called Azamara (got through quickly!) and tried to book an airport transfer at the end of our October cruise using the OBC we got from booking during the recent promotion.  The agent said that this wasn't possible; that OBC could be used, amongst other things, for excursions, but not for transfers.

Is this correct, or should I try again with a different agent?

Edited by fruitmachine

You should make the reservations for transfer onboard at the customer desk. A few days before the end of the cruise is ok.

You will need your stateroom card and flight time and number if applicable.

The payments will show up on your Azamara account and will be deduct from your OBC (Azamara or TA OBC).

The only exclusion would be the OBC received for excursions included in the indulgence packages .

Micheline

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

I called Azamara (got through quickly!) and tried to book an airport transfer at the end of our October cruise using the OBC we got from booking during the recent promotion.  The agent said that this wasn't possible; that OBC could be used, amongst other things, for excursions, but not for transfers.

Is this correct, or should I try again with a different agent?

The agent is not correct - the transfers can be booked via OBC.  Sometimes they appear as excursions and you can do it that way, if not leave it and do it onboard, it will be fine

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As there wasn’t an option to book a transfer (August cruise) using obc on the website I tried contacting support and got the following response:

Thank you for contacting Azamara. I can add the transfer to your booking if you would like but it can not be purchased with OBC. I apologize for the inconvenience. I would also need your flight info to be able to add them to your booking. Payment is also due at the time of booking the transfers so my overall suggestion would be to give us a call or have your travel agent give us a call

I have asked our agent to see if she can get it booked ailing which we will do it on the cruise.

56 minutes ago, iana1212 said:

As there wasn’t an option to book a transfer (August cruise) using obc on the website I tried contacting support and got the following response:

Thank you for contacting Azamara. I can add the transfer to your booking if you would like but it can not be purchased with OBC. I apologize for the inconvenience. I would also need your flight info to be able to add them to your booking. Payment is also due at the time of booking the transfers so my overall suggestion would be to give us a call or have your travel agent give us a call

I have asked our agent to see if she can get it booked ailing which we will do it on the cruise.

Leave it until you are on the ship. That will be plenty time as it can be purchased with OBC - done it many times 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iana1212 said:

On an update from my original post, I managed to add the transfer online, and was surprised that the system didn't ask for payment.  "Cracked it!", I thought...

Last week my TA called to say that an additional charge had appeared on the invoice!  It was for our transfers.  I asked him to see if it could be paid with OBC.  I've not heard back yet.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a feature of their new system.  Does anyone have very recent experience of using OBC when onboard to pay for transfers at the end of the cruise?  I suspect that the ships' onboard IT systems have not changed at the same time as the main booking system, which is why this may still be possible.

Edited by fruitmachine

2 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

On an update from my original post, I managed to add the transfer online, and was surprised that the system didn't ask for payment.  "Cracked it!", I thought...

Last week my TA called to say that an additional charge had appeared on the invoice!  It was for our transfers.  I asked him to see if it could be paid with OBC.  I've not heard back yet.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a feature of their new system.  Does anyone have very recent experience of using OBC when onboard to pay for transfers at the end of the cruise?  I suspect that the ships' onboard IT systems have not changed at the same time as the main booking system, which is why this may still be possible.

Onward has been running the new onboard system since May last year as it was never part of the RC fleet. In March in the disembarkation information they were offering airport transfers that could be paid for using OBC.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Riocca said:

Onward has been running the new onboard system since May last year as it was never part of the RC fleet. In March in the disembarkation information they were offering airport transfers that could be paid for using OBC.

In late April, Journey was offering it when I was onboard.  I was looking for more recent experience than that.

I have used my OBC for my transfer from the ship to the Airport without problems. I have booked it on board. This was less than one week ago.
For the transfer from Airport to the ship, I had paid extra. It was not possible to book OBC.

Ivi

• Like 1

Our agent has come back to me re using obc before the cruise to pay for a transfer  and it seems this is not possible. But is possible when on board. Response from agent (who does a lot of business in UK with Azamara):

I have just heard back from Azamara and they have advised that you will need to use your OBC on board to book this.

• Like 1