Sanity check: CruiseNexts are always valid for the entire deposit (if non-suite), even if there are more than 2 people?

dcipjr

Hi all,

I'm trying to transfer a reservation that I made on NCL's website to a travel agent that will get me the American Express Platinum perks ($200 OBC + dinner in Le Bistro).

I paid the initial deposit with a $250 CruiseNext certificate, which to my impression, always covered the full deposit for any stateroom that's not a suite / Haven, even if there are more than 2 people in the room. At booking time, NCL's site asked me for a $375 deposit, but I just chose to pay $250 and gave them my CruiseNext certificate, and the site accepted it.

Everything seemed fine until I went to transfer the reservation. My TA is saying that NCL wants an additional $125 to cover the deposit because of the third person—but this doesn't make sense to me.

I checked the T&C for CruiseNext and it still seems to be the full deposit.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a second CruiseNext that I could apply to the booking, but I honestly don't feel like I should have to.

Edited by dcipjr

4 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to transfer a reservation that I made on NCL's website to a travel agent that will get me the American Express Platinum perks ($200 OBC + dinner in Le Bistro).

I paid the initial deposit with a $250 CruiseNext certificate, which to my impression, always covered the full deposit for any stateroom that's not a suite / Haven, even if there are more than 2 people in the room. At booking time, NCL's site asked me for a $375 deposit, but I just chose to pay $250 and gave them my CruiseNext certificate, and the site accepted it.

Everything seemed fine until I went to transfer the reservation. My TA is saying that NCL wants an additional $125 to cover the deposit because of the third person—but this doesn't make sense to me.

I checked the T&C for CruiseNext and it still seems to be the full deposit.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a second CruiseNext that I could apply to the booking, but I honestly don't feel like I should have to.

NCL charges deposits on a "Per Person" basis.  See the attached current deal that is 1/2 deposits per person....

Your CN certificates act as actual money and are applied to the deposit.

So yes, a 3 person reservation in a standard cabin is $375 currently... If you had 4 people in the room, your would need to pay $500 deposit with today's program, etc.

image.png

Just because the site accepted it doesn't always mean the required deposit amount has been fulfilled.  You may find that your reservation is still in pending status, the system had no reason to refuse your payment but that doesn't mean that it's all you need to pay. 

On the confirmation you received from NCL, what does it say under payment schedule.

Should say something like FIRST DEPOSIT due on xxxxx  - that's the amount you have to pay now or your reservation will be cancelled.

• Like 1