Dietary Restrictions on Windstar?

wrk2cruise

Can anyone explain how well Windstar handles dietary restrictions.  DW is diabetic and follows a very strict low glycemic index diet.  We have traveled for many years on Celebrity and they handle it very well by reviewing the menu the night before for the following evening and customizing something on the menu or offering an alternative.   Just wondering if anyone with experience following a strict dietary regimen can explain how Windstar handles?

While I haven’t had ro deal with this myself, I have seen other guests at our table receive their menu the night before and have things customized for them the next day. We also met a couple who had extremely strict plant based diets. The chef met with them personally a day into the cruise, took lots of notes and made them special meals every day. I think Windstar goes out of their way to make sure everyone has what they need.

• Like 1

I have a dietary issue with some alliums. It was handled similar to your experience with Celebrity - choosing appetizer(s) and entree the night before so they could adapt them. (I didn't pre-select dessert because my food issue doesn't appear in desserts.)