Internet 15% Off

daveoc

If you book before boarding there is a promo appeared today giving 15% off of internet packages, just go into your cruise personaliser.

I'm on an Aurora 30 night in September so have gone in and cancelled my original booking and rebooked with the 15% off. 

I assume it's across all ships and departures but I guess you only find out if you go into personaliser.

Just a thought---I wonder if they might do this for drink packages?.

Edited by daveoc
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, daveoc said:

If you book before boarding there is a promo appeared today giving 15% off of internet packages, just go into your cruise personaliser.

I'm on an Aurora 30 night in September so have gone in and cancelled my original booking and rebooked with the 15% off. 

I assume it's across all ships and departures but I guess you only find out if you go into personaliser.

Does that mean they garantee it to work 85% of the time

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, daveoc said:

Thanks for this 👍. We’re doing a 35-night Ventura cruise next year and so that was a good saving.

4 hours ago, daveoc said:

Thanks for alerting us to this. We’re on a 19 night cruise in October so have just booked the package which with our peninsular discount as well means a considerable saving. 

Just booked this for our Arvia Caribbean next January..thanks for the heads up👍

A £25 saving and £100 over booking it onboard. Just for the better half mind, I'll borrow her phone if she'll let me 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Louand66 said:

What is the quality of it would be my concern. We are going to Canaries in March and are thinking of it?

We had the internet on both Iona (Canaries) and Ventura, (Spain and Portugal) this year - basic package - and it was good enough for our needs, which were downloading our daily newspaper, emails, browsing etc. I like that I could swap my usage from phone to iPad easily. 

I don't recall it dropping out or causing problems, but whether that would be the same in other areas I wouldn't like to guess.

I've found that booking carefully chosen 24-hour slots can work out quite economically over the course of the cruise. Say I make a booking at 1pm one day, then I'll have wi-fi for the afternoon of that day (let's call it Day 1) and the morning of Day 2. Then I wait 24 hours and book another 24 hours at 1pm on Day 3. I'm only making bookings every second day, but every day of the cruise I'll have wifi for part of the day.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2023 at 11:02 AM, jh1809 said:

I've found that booking carefully chosen 24-hour slots can work out quite economically over the course of the cruise. Say I make a booking at 1pm one day, then I'll have wi-fi for the afternoon of that day (let's call it Day 1) and the morning of Day 2. Then I wait 24 hours and book another 24 hours at 1pm on Day 3. I'm only making bookings every second day, but every day of the cruise I'll have wifi for part of the day.

Good plan!

Even better, to tell the kids I've done this so I can restrict their wifi usage!  And have the rest to myself. muhahahaha.

Also, 15% offer seems to still be ongoing....

--edit-- the 24hr plans don't seem to be discounted. With that in mind and the fact I can't find the book button for 24 hours. I might as well just go for the full fat package.

Edited by ParisHilton

2 hours ago, Vizeman said:

If I log on on my iphone and set up a hotspot, can more than one person use it at a time?

Doubt the signal will be strong enough. If can struggle with no hot spotting.

5 hours ago, FangedRose said:

Doubt the signal will be strong enough. If can struggle with no hot spotting.

I had it back in March and the signal was really good. Paid for the full package and was streaming video, radio, FaceTime no problem. Paid for it again this December. Never tried hot spotting though, so will do this time.

20 hours ago, Vizeman said:

If I log on on my iphone and set up a hotspot, can more than one person use it at a time?

Previously I used to be able share the internet in the cabin using a TP-Link WR802N travel router which has a hot spot function. However, I couldn't get it to work on Iona last year. I'm not sure if that was down to me as I'd not used it for years and didn't have the instructions to hand, or if P&O had somehow done something to prevent this (given that they now state on internet packages that they apply to "one device" only).

Would setting up a hotspot to allow others to access your package be in breach of the conditions?

13. General Use Restrictions

Subject to your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted the right to use the Service through a non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-assignable limited license.

The Service is provided for your use only (unless otherwise specifically stated) and you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, transfer, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes your subscription to or membership in the Service, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service. You have no right to resell, sublicense, assign or transfer your right to access the Service or use the Company’s Service.