Check your accounts - possible 10% FCC available

hallux

2 hours ago, Chesneygirl said:

Ours says Jade as well. What do the codes mean?

🤷‍♀️. The labels and who gets offers is all a mystery.  Unfortunately we’ve not been lucky with the discount offers☹️

A month or so ago I had several mysterious coupons show up in my account, including 20% off any European sailing, 10% “FCC” for any sailing and two coupons for Alaska sailings.  All had to be used by June 22.  I have no idea why I got them. I had no cruises cancelled.  We did use the 20% coupon for the new TA on the Epic on December 1.  Great deal on a Haven cabin.  The others disappeared from my account on Thursday.

I echo others.  This is hit or miss and sometimes you will never know why it was offered to you.  Take advantage if it does show up in your account and there’s a sailing that fits into your schedule, desires and budget.

Edited by Russiamomm
Typo
  • Like 1

No discount offers at all for my husband and me.

Not based on Latitudes status as we are Sapphire and Diamond, respectively.

We didn't get the Alaska/Eur ones that many others received, either!

The only one we've ever gotten was 10 pct off Escape April 16-23, 2023.  Had to be that week and that ship.  

The ones mentioned here are much more fluid and useable.

Would love to get one!

1 hour ago, snorklinbarb said:

The only one we've ever gotten was 10 pct off Escape April 16-23, 2023.  Had to be that week and that ship.  

We had that one too. Seemed kind of odd—had to be that week and that ship? I wasn't sure what the rationale was for that. Were they trying to get people to fill that ship?

1 hour ago, snorklinbarb said:

Would love to get one!

We both received the Escape offer also. Did us no good being so specific. We are both Platinum being Sapphire after our next cruise so I agree nothing to do with Latitudes status.

2 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

well, that's the thing... we just don't know. marketing offers can have a host of different criteria based on number of cruises taken, destinations sailed, closest port, tier status, etc. it could in fact be based on latitudes status... some offers might only go out to silver and gold members. it depends on whom they want to target. their marketing folks might think they don't need to send this or that coupon to platinum or diamond or sapphire members, as they are likely to sail with NCL anyway... without the discount. platinum, sapphire and diamond members may think they should get all the coupons, but NCL's marketing team might look at it differently.

they can send an alaska coupon only to people who have never sailed to alaska as an inducement to book. conversely, they could send an alaska discount coupon to those who have sailed to alaska before to get you to go again.

some coupons could go to people who live more than 500 miles from any of NCL's ports. a different  coupon could go to those who live within driving distance of NCL ports.

one thing i'm pretty sure about... the disbursement of coupons is on a rolling basis.  they are not going to give everybody the same coupon all at once because the call centers would not be able to handle the influx of calls... all at once. so the coupon disbursement is likely staggered, even if they are sending the same coupon to more than one markleting demographic..

4 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

Would love to get one!

Ditto for us.  We would def book another cruise if they would send us an offer.  But, now, I’m hesitant to book anything knowing we haven’t received one yet…it’s part “hopeful we’ll get one” and “pissed that we haven’t “.  Lol.  

• Like 1

@hallux Thank you for posting this.  I was not aware NCL had a cruise credit fairy.  I had two credits and am now booked for my first trip to Europe!  I am so excited!  And I got a fantastic deal!

FYI - I do not have any extra titles or designations on my account but I have been looking into cruises a LOT lately.

• Like 4