Cruise Next certificate

Markanddonna

I purchased a $100 pp (total $200) future cruise certificate. The onboard agent indicated this would be the deposit for my next cruise, and I needed to book it within the next 6 months. Got that.

Now, I'm trying to use it for a 10-day cruise in Jan 2024, and the deposit is now $900.  What am I missing?  I will have to pay the $700 balance now. So, Celebrity said it was just to get a place onboard, which makes no sense. Why would I just give them $200 to keep for me with no other benefit?

Can anyone explain this?

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/5_15_23_Suite_Percentage_Deposit_FAQs.pdf

11. HOW DO THESE CHANGES APPLY TO FUTURE CRUISE BOOKINGS? Future Cruise bookings will follow the new program of 10% deposit per suite. For Book Later bookings, guests will need to pay the additional deposit requirements if converted into The Retreat.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

Are you trying to do it as a brand new booking? You have to use the reservation number that was created with the certificate. There should be a cruise in your profile with a 2039 cruise date. 

I just finished the booking with an outside travel agency. I won. Celebrity originally told me that I would have to pay the $700 difference, but the agent worked it out. They originally told him the same thing but he went higher up.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/5_15_23_Suite_Percentage_Deposit_FAQs.pdf

11. HOW DO THESE CHANGES APPLY TO FUTURE CRUISE BOOKINGS? Future Cruise bookings will follow the new program of 10% deposit per suite. For Book Later bookings, guests will need to pay the additional deposit requirements if converted into The Retreat.

I mentioned my booking was a non-suite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

I mentioned my booking was a non-suite. 

We do this often… as with everything Celebrity, if not using a travel agent just call back and get someone who knows what they are doing… lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

I was told the $200 would be the full deposit for a non suite cabin. Otherwise, it is just giving Celebrity a cash advance?  That makes no sense.

It also reserves the extra OBC that is attached to an on board booking.

47 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

We do this often… as with everything Celebrity, if not using a travel agent just call back and get someone who knows what they are doing… lol

Yesterday, the travel agent also said I needed to pay the difference between my $200 deposit and the usual $900. Two agents for Celebrity also said that. You are right, I kept pressing, and it was resolved. It is nice to know that logic prevailed.