Blu & MDR access

ccqueenanne

I am booked in an Aqua class cabin with my (disabled) mother. We have other family booked in Aqua as well. My husband is booked solo in a regular cabin, with late dining.

1) I'd like to dine with my husband in the MDR (for the whole cruise). Would we, upon boarding, be able to talk to the maitre d' and see if he could be assigned to a 2-top where I could join him? (My mother would be dining in Blu with her siblings.)

2) My mother will use room service for breakfast. Would I be able to bring my husband to breakfast in Blu in her stead, since she isn't using it?

In retrospect we should have paid for my husband and me to have an Aqua cabin and I'd request an extra key for my mother's room. That ship has sailed - Aqua is s/o, as is the whole sailing. So I'm just looking for creative dining solutions at this point.

9 minutes ago, ccqueenanne said:

I am booked in an Aqua class cabin with my (disabled) mother. We have other family booked in Aqua as well. My husband is booked solo in a regular cabin, with late dining.

1) I'd like to dine with my husband in the MDR (for the whole cruise). Would we, upon boarding, be able to talk to the maitre d' and see if he could be assigned to a 2-top where I could join him? (My mother would be dining in Blu with her siblings.)  

yes, that can be done

9 minutes ago, ccqueenanne said:

2) My mother will use room service for breakfast. Would I be able to bring my husband to breakfast in Blu in her stead, since she isn't using it?

no that would not be allowed

• Like 1

Agree with cruisestitch.   You must be Aqua class to dine or have breakfast in the Blu.    They do get to know whose who quickly as your facial ID comes up quickly with Cabin number.   

On our April/May cruise, a woman tried to bring in someone to Blu that was not Aqua.  The Maitre D did not succumb to her rants and demands.    Each person is entitled to what each has paid for

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Agree with cruisestitch.   You must be Aqua class to dine or have breakfast in the Blu.    They do get to know whose who quickly as your facial ID comes up quickly with Cabin number.   

On our April/May cruise, a woman tried to bring in someone to Blu that was not Aqua.  The Maitre D did not succumb to her rants and demands.    Each person is entitled to what each has paid for

That's sounds awful - we definitely won't attempt it!

Only a few days ago while on Constellation we overheard a couple who were also dining in Blu ask if they could invite their friends, who were not Aqua passengers if they could join them for dinner in Blu. 
It was a firm no, this is not allowed, only Aqua passengers can dine in Blu.
They were quite put out to be honest and made the waiter feel quite uncomfortable and suggested they should be able to invite friends as guests to Blu.
As mentioned above, the servers and Maitre d’ quickly remember who’s who.

• Like 1

I'd also ask to be put on a waiting list for another Aqua room.  I'd also check the website every day to see what's opened.  Rooms do become available, even on "sold out" ships.  Especially under the Move Up program, rooms in specific categories may become available when people upgrade. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2023 at 8:30 AM, bEwAbG said:

I'd also ask to be put on a waiting list for another Aqua room.  I'd also check the website every day to see what's opened.  Rooms do become available, even on "sold out" ships.  Especially under the Move Up program, rooms in specific categories may become available when people upgrade. 

Yes, we've already got a move-up bid in and I've been watching availability carefully.