Accessible Holy Land Tours

iuki

We’re booked for a Holy Land cruise on Odyssey OTS next year in October.  Has any of you booked a tour for the disabled through Royal Caribbean?  I already checked the Port of Call forum, but no one booked through Royal Caribbean Shore Excursions.  I do know that GuidedToursIsrael is highly recommended, but I don’t wish to book privately in case they don’t make it back to the ship in time and we see the ship sailing away.  😳🤣

We visited in March 2023 on NCL and they had nothing to offer so we used this company and Eli (Elly) was fantastic. He assisted in all aspects so my wife could stay in her manual wheelchair during the drive to/from Ashdod. We visited Jeruselum and Bethlehem and whilst it was accessible some section were sloping that required a strong person (me) holding and pushing as we went down/up some of the walkways. https://www.israel4all.com/

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 4:08 AM, dmccue said:

We visited in March 2023 on NCL and they had nothing to offer so we used this company and Eli (Elly) was fantastic. He assisted in all aspects so my wife could stay in her manual wheelchair during the drive to/from Ashdod. We visited Jeruselum and Bethlehem and whilst it was accessible some section were sloping that required a strong person (me) holding and pushing as we went down/up some of the walkways. https://www.israel4all.com/

we were on a private land tour of israel in 2015 and the tour operator had us hire an aide for my husband who used a rollator.  So this woman did all the pushing, which i was unable to do.  it was expensive, but it let us both do things for our abilities.  much of israel is very ancient, many cobblestones, etc., so not a lot is accessible except museums.